There’s good news! The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Internships programme is now accepting applications.
This article will go over the details of the internship, its perks, and the application process step by step. International students are welcome to apply for OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Internships 2022. The internship will last between 2 and 6 months. OFID Internships will provide a structure to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department, allowing the focus to stay on the student’s learning experience.
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries established the OPEC Fund for International Development in 1976 as an intergovernmental development finance agency (OPEC). The OPEC Fund was conceived in March 1975 in Algiers, Algeria, at the Conference of the Sovereigns and Heads of State of OPEC Member Countries. The Conference’s solemn declaration “reaffirmed the natural solidarity that binds OPEC countries with other developing countries in their quest to eliminate underdevelopment,” and urged for measures to deepen collaboration between them.
The OPEC Fund offers an Internship Program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
The Internship Program runs for between two and six months and is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following, public sector operations, private sector and trade finance operations; grants; financial management, risk management; strategic planning and economic services, internal audit, human resources, administration, communication, legal services, and information technology.
- Institution(s): OPEC Fund Internship
- Location: Austria
- Internship Focused Areas: Conducting research, Writing documents, Organizing information, and Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
- Internship Period: 2 to 6 months
OPEC Fund Internship Benefits
UNICEF internships will cover the following benefits:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience.
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization.
Eligibility Criteria for Internship
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Internship:
- Required Languages: Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund.
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness, and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
- Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age and enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program. Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
How to Apply for OPEC Fund Internship?
Please follow the following application instructions to win OPEC Fund Internship:
(1) Create an account from here.
(2) Attach the following documents:
- The online application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student.
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent, and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
- Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he / she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
- Due to a large volume of applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
- All applications must be in English.
- Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form, and
- Please answer all the questions on the application form.
To know more about OPEC Fund internships, please visit Official Website.