For the academic year 2022/2023, Orebro University and the School of Science and Technology are offering PhD positions in Computer Science with a focus on merging Machine Learning and Machine Reasoning, culminating in a doctoral degree.
The ideal candidate will be able to solve problems independently and critically analyse information. The goal of the project is to create human-computer interaction approaches that use neural-symbolic solutions to solve challenges in natural language processing (NLP), conversational AI, and user modelling.
Orebro University is a Swedish state university located in Orebro. The Orebro University traces its origins to Uppsala University’s Orebro campus, which in 1977 became Orebro University Institution, an independent state university college. Orebro University is one of the top 500 universities in the world, according to Times Higher Education. Orebro aspires to be a leading university for societal development based on knowledge.
Why should you attend Orebro University? A wide selection of appealing professional educations, such as doctor, psychologist, lawyer, and civil engineer, are available here. Medicine, psychology, environmental science, and computer science are all strong areas of research at Orebro University. A beautiful campus, a friendly town, competent faculty, and excellent financial aid.
More about Orebro University
Orebro University (Orebro universitet in Swedish) is a Swedish state university in Orebro.
The university’s origins may be traced back to Uppsala University’s Orebro campus, which became an autonomous state university college in 1977. (Hogskolan I Orebro). The teaching seminar, the sports college (established in 1966), and the social work college were all absorbed into the university college (founded 1967). In 1999, the Swedish government gave Orebro University College university status, making it the country’s 12th university.
The University was awarded the right to confer medical degrees in partnership with Orebro University Hospital on March 30, 2010, making it Sweden’s seventh medical school. The Swedish Research Council developed the Centre of Gender Excellence, which Orebro University co-hosts.
Orebro University law programme is one of the most well-known in Sweden.
Orebro University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Orebro University
- Department: School of Science and Technology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 June 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Algorithms, Artificial intelligence, Artificial neural network, Big data, Computational sciences offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have Degree of Master of Science in Engineering or a one-year Master’s degree from a programme within the subject field or related subjects, or if he or she has received a passing grade of at least 120 credits, including an independent project on the second cycle, in the main field of study of relevance to the computer science field.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application is made online to begin the PhD degree application procedure. After that, when you apply for admission, you automatically apply for a doctoral studentship.
- Supporting Documents: For the application to be complete, the following electronic documents must be included:
- The form
- Certificate on completed higher education courses and study programs, and if applicable, a degree certificate
- Degree project or independent project
- Copies of relevant courses or certificates and references verifying eligibility and criteria met.
- Description of research interests – detailing the field of research you are interested in, including, if applicable, theoretical and methodological approaches (2-5 pages).
- Admission Requirements: For admission to doctoral studies, applicants are required to meet both general entry requirements and specific entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have required fluent spoken and written command of English is essential, while knowledge of Swedish is not necessary.
The university will provide an initial salary for a doctoral studentship is SEK 29 100 a month for high-potential applicants.