The French Embassy in Kenya and Somalia has developed the Regional Opportunities Scholarships 2022–2023 to help talented Kenyan students continue their education at reputable colleges and universities.
Two students who enrol in a master’s programme in engineering, humanities, or social sciences at an institution that qualifies will receive awards from the French Embassy. The chosen candidates will receive a monthly stipend, reimbursement for travel costs, and a portion of their tuition.
The National French Agency for promoting higher education, hosting international students, and global mobility is called Campus France. Its office is a division of the Alliance Française de Nairobi and the French Embassy to Kenya and Somalia.
International students can receive individualised services from Campus France such as thorough information about French higher education, orientation, help with legal and regulatory compliance, and departure preparation. Campus France may connect Kenyan talent to profiles for internships, careers, or to expand their network through France Alumni and the Alliance Francaise.
More About French Embassy
France, or the French Republic, is a transcontinental nation that spans Western Europe, as well as the Americas, the Atlantic, the Pacific, and the Indian Oceans. In addition to French Guiana in South America, Saint Pierre and Miquelon in the North Atlantic, the French West Indies, and numerous islands in Oceania and the Indian Ocean, its metropolitan area stretches from the Rhine to the Atlantic Ocean and from the Mediterranean Sea to the English Channel and the North Sea. France has the largest exclusive economic zone in the world because of its numerous coastal areas.
Soon after Somalia gained independence, bilateral ties were formed between France and Somalia. A French embassy was established in Mogadishu, and a Somali embassy continued to operate in Paris. After the outbreak of the Somalian civil war in June 1993, the French embassy eventually ceased operations.
France continued to retain diplomatic ties with both the Transitional Federal Government and the Somali Transitional National Government throughout the next years. Additionally, it supported international and European Union efforts to promote peace on a local level.
The French government expressed its appreciation for the Federal Government of Somalia’s subsequent foundation in August 2012 and reaffirmed France’s support for Somalia’s government, territorial integrity, and sovereignty.
According to the 2006 French census, there are 1,373 people of Somali descent living in France.
The French government chose Remi Marechaux as the next ambassador to Somalia in January 2014 as a result of a marked improvement in the security situation. Mr. Antoine Sivan has served as the current French ambassador to Somalia since July 2017.
- University or Organization: French Embassy in Kenya and Somalia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Tuition fee and other expenses
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Kenya and Somalia.
- Application Deadline: All applications of interested students should be submitted by the 15th of July 2022, 11:59 pm.
- Eligible Countries: Kenya.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for master-level studies in Engineering Sciences and Humanities and Social Sciences at an eligible French university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have Kenyan nationality.
- The applicants must demonstrate an excellent academic record.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply for admission to their choice of an eligible university. The students are required to send an application file comprising the below-mentioned supporting documents to email@example.com to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of admission to an eligible university
- Copy of the degree(s) obtained
- Copy of the last academic record
- Copy of ID
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have obtained at least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Sciences or in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have proof of B2-level in the French language.
The winning candidates will be provided the following benefits:
- A monthly living allowance
- Travel expenses
- Tuition fees (up to 3000 € per year)
- Social insurance