Carleton University has started the Richard Van Loon Scholarships for the academic year 2023–2024. These scholarships will help students who deserve them pay for their education. This award is for the most promising applicants from African countries who are starting their first year of college at Carleton University.
This university is an independent and cooperative institution whose goal is to teach, study, and do research across and within disciplines, to create and share knowledge, to give its students hands-on learning opportunities at home and abroad, and to improve its community.
Reasons to choose Richard Van Loon Scholarships
Richard Van Loon Scholarships at Carleton University offer chances for hands-on learning outside of the classroom or lab. Lab experiments, taking part in research projects, field courses, practica, and co-op jobs are all ways to get experience. This university is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of creativity, cultural enrichment, and social strength. Its engineering department is one of the largest in the country, and its cognitive science program is continually expanding.
Carleton University Background
Carleton University was established in 1942 to serve World War II veterans and is located on unceded Algonquin territory adjacent to the historic Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The teachers and employees at Canada’s Capital University are a brilliant, motivated, and enthusiastic group that work together to uphold the high standards of teaching and research that have helped establish Carleton’s reputation.
Carleton University Scholarship Highlights
- University or Organization: Carleton University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 1st February 2023.
To be eligible for Richard Van Loon Scholarships, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at the University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- You must be in good academic standing.
How to Apply for Richard Van Loon Scholarships
- All interested candidates must apply through the online application form for this funding program.
- The candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of all post-secondary transcripts
- A statement of intent
- A portfolio
- A sample writing
- Citizenship proof
- Admission Requirements: The admission average will be calculated using all 9 academic subjects at the highest level taken. Prerequisites must be presented at grade 11 or 12.
- Offers will be finalized on receipt of final grades and official graduation certificate.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must fulfill the following English language proficiency requirements:
- Canadian Academic English Language Test – 70 (Minimum 60 in each band)
- TOEFL -86 (20 in reading and listening, and 22 in speaking writing)
- IELTS – 6.6 ( Minimum 6.0 in each band)
- PTE – 60 overall ( Minimum 60 in each Communicative skill)
CARLETON UNIVERSITY, 1125 COLONEL BY DRIVE, OTTAWA, ON, K1S 5B6