Saint Martin’s University has made the decision to provide the Benedictine High School Scholarships for the academic year 2022–2023 in order to honour and remain true to its goal to making education accessible and affordable to all.
Benedict High School alumni who are international undergraduate students are the only ones eligible to apply for the award. All Saint Martin’s University full-time undergraduate students who satisfy the prerequisites for their chosen study programmes will be taken into consideration. The scholarship is worth an incredible $2,000.
Established in 1895, Saint Martin’s University is a private Benedictine college in Lacey, Washington. It was first founded as an all-boys residential school by monks of the Benedictine Order, but in 1940 it started awarding degrees. According to Regional Universities West, it is rated 35th.
Why do people attend Saint Martin’s University to study?
Through the confluence of religion, intellect, and service, Saint Martin’s University students learn how to improve both their own lives and the lives of others. The university’s way of life is based on rigour in thinking, moral action, and behaviour.
More About Saint Martin’s University
In Lacey, Washington, there is a private Benedictine institution called Saint Martin’s University. The Benedictine Order monks established it as an all-boys residential school in 1895. In 1900, Saint Martin’s started providing college-level courses, and in 1940, it started awarding degrees.
In 1965, the institution switched to a co-ed system. Saint Martin’s University received its new name in 2005, replacing Saint Martin’s College. On the campus, there is a Benedictine monastery that is active, and some of the monks are also lecturers.
The institution is primarily recognised for its civil & mechanical engineering, business administration, and education programmes, but it also offers 28 baccalaureate degrees and 14 graduate degree programmes. At Centralia College and Joint Base Lewis-McChord, the institution provides programmes and courses. The liberal arts curriculum of the institution has a focus on Benedictine ideals.
schools and colleges
- Arts and Sciences College
- Education and Counseling College
- Engineering Hal and Inge Marcus School
- University of Business
- University or Organization: Saint Martin’s University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $2,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The application process is open. However, the students are suggested to observe the application deadlines of the undergraduate they want to apply for.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any desired undergraduate programme at Saint Martin’s University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time students.
- The applicants must have graduated from Benedict High School.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first apply for admission via the university portal. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Up-to-date CV/resume
- Two letters of recommendation plus either the third letter of recommendation or a professional reference with contact information
- A personal statement (each graduate program outlines different requirements for this)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the admission requirements of the undergraduate programme they wish to enter at Saint Martin’s University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 100
The students successfully selected as winners by Saint Martin’s University will be awarded a scholarship worth $2,000 for their undergraduate study costs incurred.