PhD candidates who are eager to achieve exceptional scientific experience are encouraged to apply for the Lecturer and Associate Professor Positions for the academic year 2022–2023 by the Serra Hunter Programme.
All foreigners and Spanish citizens are welcome to apply for this post, which is being offered at Catalonia’s public universities (Spain). To be considered, candidates must have a top-notch PhD, teaching experience, and involvement in challenging research initiatives. A salary of up to five years will be offered to the chosen applicants when they are appointed to the post.
The Serra Hunter Program encourages the appointment of highly qualified professors whose academic records match the highest standards across the world. An Academic Director, a professor with a high reputation, and an Advisory Board made up of eminent academics oversee the programme design.
The Serra Hunter Program is a component of a new academic staff model that the Catalan government is supporting in order to strengthen the internationalization of Catalan institutions and to solidify Catalonia as the region of Southern Europe that is the epicenter of knowledge. It aspires to fill professor positions at the public institutions in Catalonia with highly qualified individuals whose academic records satisfy worldwide standards.
More About Serra Hunter Programme
The Serra Hunter Program encourages the appointment of highly competent professors whose academic records match the highest standards across the world.
The SHP is a component of a new academic staff model that the Catalan government is supporting in order to strengthen the internationalization of Catalan institutions and to solidify Catalonia as the region of Southern Europe that is known for its expertise.
Full professor, associate professor/senior lecturer, tenure-eligible full professor, and lecturer positions are all available. Those who are engaged by a Catalan university will be asked to collaborate with already-established research groups or to create new lines of study that are complementary to those currently in operation.
Salaries will be determined in accordance with university policies in Catalonia. However, subject to discussion, start-up funding may be given in situations where it is thought acceptable or a pay boost for individuals with exceptional scientific experience.
An Academic Director, a professor with a high reputation, and an Advisory Board made up of eminent academics oversee the Plan. The Academic Director appoints the search committees that choose the applicants for the Serra Hunter contracts along with the Rectors of the institutions.
The Academic Director oversees the Program’s management and coordination and ensures that it is carried out properly. A yearly monitoring report on the program’s development is created by the academic director and then delivered to the institutions and the Catalan government.
The Academic Director deputies the Advisory Board to provide advice and carry out other functions. The most qualified individuals will be chosen by the search committees.
- University or Organization: Serra Hunter Programme
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Spain.
- Application Deadline: Open.
- Eligible Countries: All Spanish and international candidates can submit an application.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The candidates can apply for the lecturer and associate professor positions at the public universities of Catalonia (Spain).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have had international exposure and have participated in competitive research projects.
- The applicants must have teaching experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the position can be made via this online portal. All eligible applicants will be considered upon applying.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- PhD degree
- ID Document
- Most significant academic contributions
- Teaching career
- Teaching and research interests
- Relevant accreditation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a PhD and are expected to have an excellent record of publications in good venues in their fields.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the position they are applying for.
The successfully selected candidates will be hired by the university offering the position and will be offered a fixed-term full-time contract for up to 5 years.