The Simon Fraser University Foundation Canada Postdoctoral Fellowships for the academic year 2022-2023 are available through Simon Fraser University’s School of International Studies.
International candidates who desire to begin a postdoctoral degree programme at the university are eligible to apply for the study fund. Selected candidates will receive $50,000 in addition to perks, as well as $4,000 in research funding.
Simon Fraser University is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada, founded in 1962. It offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. It was 378th in the world and 16th in Canada, according to Simon Fraser. Simon Fraser University students are part of a welcoming, varied, and vibrant community. Campus life at SFU is full with opportunities to interact with people, ideas, and activities that contribute to personal growth and a better world.
They give our students the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to succeed in an ever-changing and difficult world. It is creating new ways for students to get involved in the university community while also promoting an accessible and healthy learning environment for all students.
More About Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser University (SFU) is a public research university with three campuses in British Columbia, Canada: Burnaby (main campus), Surrey, and Vancouver. The main Burnaby campus, which is 170-hectares (420 acres) on Burnaby Mountain, is 20 kilometres (12 miles) from downtown Vancouver and has over 30,000 students and 160,000 alumni. The university was established in order to expand higher education in Canada.
Simon Fraser University is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the International Association of Universities, and Universities Canada, among other national and international higher education organisations. Simon Fraser University has also collaborated with other universities and government agencies to run joint research facilities such as the TRIUMF, Canada’s national particle and nuclear physics laboratory, which houses the world’s largest cyclotron, and Bamfield Marine Station, a major centre for marine biology teaching and research.
Simon Fraser University undergraduate and graduate programmes run on a three-semester, year-round schedule. Simon Fraser University is the first Canadian member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the world’s largest collegiate sports association, and has consistently been regarded as Canada’s top comprehensive university. It was also nominated to the Times Higher Education list of 100 world colleges under 50.
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities accredited Simon Fraser University in 2015, making it the second Canadian university to do so. Faculty and alumni from Simon Fraser University have received 43 Royal Society of Canada fellowships, three Rhodes Scholarships, and one Pulitzer Prize. Two British Columbia premiers, Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini, Prime Minister of Lesotho Pakalitha Mosisili, Max Planck Institute director Robert Turner, and cancer research activist Terry Fox are among the alumni.
Simon Fraser University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Simon Fraser University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: $50,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Deadline: Applications must be received by March 1
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral Fellowship programme
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be international students.
- Fellows will have completed their PhD prior to the start of the postdoc and be not more than
three years beyond their degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in the program, aspirants must have enrolled in the postdoctoral via application at Simon Fraser University.
- Supporting Documents: Applications must include a cover letter with a detailed research proposal, graduate transcripts, curriculum vitae, and two reference letters.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a Ph.D. degree with remarkable results and check the entry requirement at the university.
- Language Requirement: All international students must verify their English proficiency by meeting their English proficiency requirements.
The selected candidates will get an award of $50,000 plus benefits, with an additional $4,000 in research support at Simon Fraser University.