SJU Catholic High School Scholarships are being offered by St. Johns University (SJU) for the academic year 2023–2024 in an effort to support students education in the USA.
This scholarship programme intends to draw and aid both domestic and foreign students who wish to enrol in the university’s undergraduate degree programmes.
St. John’s University, which was founded in 1870, is a Catholic and Vincentian institution that prepares its students for success in the personal and professional spheres in the contemporary, linked world.
Why attend St. Johns University (SJU) to study?
SJU provides a broad variety of academic opportunities and has a remarkable reputation for producing exceptional academic pupils. Students have several options for honing their work ethic and finding jobs in their industry.
More About St. Johns University (SJU)
In Queens, New York City, there is a private Roman Catholic university called St. John’s University (SJU). In order to meet the needs of an expanding immigrant community, the Congregation of the Mission (C.M., also known as the Vincentian Fathers), created it in 1870.
The flagship campus was transferred from its original location in the Brooklyn borough of New York City to its current location in the Queens borough in the 1950. In addition to the Long Island Graduate Center on Hauppauge, New York, St. John’s also maintains campuses in Staten Island and Manhattan in New York City. The university also maintains foreign campuses in Limerick, Ireland, Paris, France, and Rome, Italy. The patron saint of the university is Saint John the Baptist.
Five undergraduate schools and six graduate schools make up St. John’s, which offers more than 100 programmes leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees as well as professional certifications. 17,088 undergraduate and 4,633 graduate students attended the university in 2019.
The student body is made up of people from 119 different countries, Guam, Puerto Rico, Guam, the District of Columbia, and 46 other states. More than 190,000 St. John’s graduates are spread out over the globe as of 2020.
SJU Scholarship Description
- University: St. Johns University (SJU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Awards: $3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The application deadline for the opportunity is December 15. Late submissions will lead to rejection of the candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For SJU Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Scholarship holder can be a domestic or international student
- Students must have registered in an undergraduate program by the deadline at St. Johns University (SJU).
- Must be graduating from a Catholic high school by June 2022.
- Are first-time freshmen who will be entering St. Johns University (SJU) beginning with the fall 2022 semester
- Must be full-time students (minimum of 12 credits per semester).
- Awarded for up to four years of undergraduate study; students enrolled in our five-year, joint degree programs will not be eligible for this award once they begin their graduate study.
- Award will be renewed for up to four years of undergraduate study as long as the recipient remains in good academic standing.
How to Apply For SJU Scholarship
- How to Apply: For this educational opportunity, no additional application is required for the Catholic School Scholarship. Once you take admission in an undergraduate degree course at the university. Eligible first-time freshmen will automatically receive the minimum award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must send the following supporting materials with their application: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: You will be considered for an undergraduate course by the university if you have a high school diploma.
- Language Requirement: Demonstrating the English language proficiency through the TOEFL or IELTS test is a must for studying in the US.
SJU Scholarship Benefits
The St. Johns University (SJU) will provide an annual award of $3,000, for a maximum award of up to $12,000 over four years of undergraduate study and is automatically awarded to incoming first-year students who will be graduating from a Catholic high school and entering St. Johns (SJU) in the fall of 2023.