There’s good news! Internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center are now open. We will go through the details of this internship programme, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students are welcome to apply for internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center in 2022. The internship will last between 10-15 weeks. Every semester, APAC gives a small internship stipend.
A great 21st-century museum, according to the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, is more than a facility. They engage out to communities in unexpected and unique ways, bridging divides and barriers. They’re a migrating museum that brings Asian Pacific American history, art, and culture to you through new museum experiences online and around the country.
The Center aims to rethink and broaden the traditional museum model in order to change how museums might serve as spaces for civic involvement, critical and constructive discussion, and social justice. They engage the public through events that recognise art and culture as vehicles that can bring them together in a new model of the museum experience, such as their signature series Culture Labs, which invite visitors to inquire, discover, and learn through direct exchanges with artists, scholars, and cultural practitioners.
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships Summary
- Institution: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Locations: USA
- Internship Focused Areas: All majors
- Internship Period: Internships usually last anywhere between 10-15 weeks. We encourage part-time internships of 20-30 hours per week and are flexible with start & end dates, duration, and number of hours worked per week.
- Spring 2021 (January-May): No later than November 19, 2022
- Summer 2022 (June-August): No later than March 13, 2022
- Fall 2022 (September-December): No later than June 17, 2022
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships Benefits
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships will cover the following benefits:
APAC offers modest internship stipends every semester–funding is limited and highly competitive. Interns may also receive academic credit through their universities. We encourage all applicants to research scholarship opportunities that support internships at their universities. The Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships also offers funded opportunities through several scholarship programs.
For the fall term each year, students at the University of Hawai‘i can apply for the Francis & Sara Sogi Fellowship to intern at the Smithsonian.
Eligibility Criteria for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Current undergraduate students (current sophomores, juniors, and seniors), graduate students, and recent graduates.
- All majors welcome.
How to Apply for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center:
(1) Make sure that you have all the needed documents:
- Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages addressing:
- Why do you want to be an intern at APAC?
- What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn from the internship?
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Resume. Please include relevant experience, including any technical proficiency in social media platforms, coding languages, and programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation addressing: Academic ability. Professionalism. Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- 1 Relevant Work Sample
(2) Submit the following application materials through the Smithsonian’s SOLAA portal.
(3) After entering SOLAA, follow the instructions on the lefthand navigation bar and choose the option for the Asian Pacific American Center Internship Program.
Note: If you faced any problems or had any question send it on the email: APAC@si.edu
To know more about Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships, please visit Official Website.