The SMU International Kindness Buddhist Scholarships are available to deserving students at Saint Martin’s University for the academic year 2022–2023 in the USA.
Only new international students who wish to begin their graduate studies at Saint Martin’s University (SMU) during the academic year 2022–2023 are eligible for the scholarship programme.
In Lacey, Washington, there is a private Benedictine institution called Saint Martin’s University (SMU). The Benedictine Order created the university in 1895 as an all-boys residential school, but it didn’t start awarding degrees until 1940. According to Regional Universities West, SMU is placed 35th.
Why do people attend Saint Martin’s University (SMU) to study?
Through the confluence of religion, intellect, and service, Saint Martin’s University (SMU) students learn how to improve both their own lives and the lives of others. The university’s way of life is based on rigour in thinking, moral action, and behaviour.
More About Saint Martin’s University (SMU)
In Lacey, Washington, there is a private Benedictine institution called Saint Martin’s University (SMU). The Benedictine Order monks established it as an all-boys residential school in 1895. In 1900, Saint Martin’s started providing college-level courses, and in 1940, it started awarding degrees.
In 1965, the college become coeducational. Saint Martin’s University (SMU) received its new name in 2005, replacing Saint Martin’s College. On the campus, there is a Benedictine monastery that is active, and some of the monks are also lecturers.
Saint Martin of Tours, a monk, missionary, and ultimately Bishop of Tours, is the patron saint of Saint Martin. The institution and Saint Martin’s Abbey, which founded it, are situated on 300 acres (1.2 km2) of forested, rocky, and meandering terrain.
Abbot Bernard Locnikar, O.S.B., of Saint John’s Abbey, Collegeville, Minnesota—the mother abbey of St. Martin’s Abbey—chose the location in 1894. The woodland area that would become the Saint Martin’s campus was bought for $6,920 at a public auction on April 21, 1894.
A four-story edifice holding the school and a monastery was finished by late summer after construction on Saint Martin’s initial building got underway in January 1895. The school at the time provided older boys and young men with commercial and classical education in addition to preparatory sessions for boys.
The one substantial structure on campus also served as housing for boarding students who arrived from outside the city. Many of the university’s classrooms and offices are still housed in what is now known as Old Main.
- University or Organization: Saint Martin’s University (SMU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $500 per year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until is November 1.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate degree programmes in any subject offered at Saint Martin’s University (SMU) can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international graduate student enrolled at the University.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to submit an admission application on the university portal. Application for the award can be submitted along with the admission application. All students meeting the scholarship eligibility criteria will be considered accordingly.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Up-to-date CV/resume.
- Two letters of recommendation plus either a third letter of recommendation or a professional reference with contact information.
- A personal statement (each graduate program outlines different requirements for this)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the admission requirements of the graduate program they wish to enter at Saint Martin’s University (SMU).
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The students successfully selected by Saint Martin’s University (SMU) to be presented with this award will be provided $500 per year.