For the academic year 2022/2023, the School of Engineering at Tallinn University of Technology is glad to offer PhD positions in Chemical, Materials, and Energy Technology in Estonia.
Candidates interested in pursuing a PhD degree at the institution can enrol in this study programme. The chosen candidate will work on developing solid-state and molten salt synthesis methods for creating novel perovskite materials. Various synthesis factors will be improved in order to obtain high-quality crystals.
Tallinn Institution of Technology is Estonia’s only technical university, having been founded in 1918. Tallinn University of Technology is a university that specialises in engineering, commerce, public administration, and maritime affairs. The university provides nearly 30 English degree programmes, including four bachelor’s degrees, 18 master’s degrees, and nine doctoral degrees.
What are the benefits of studying at Tallinn University of Technology? Estonia’s most innovative and international university is Tallinn University of Technology. TalTech encourages collaboration in the fields of technological, natural, exact, social, and health sciences and stands for innovation in the field of digital technologies and engineering. Tallinn University of Technology is placed 601 in Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings.
More About Tallinn University of Technology
Tallinn Institution of Technology (TalTech; Estonian: Tallinna Tehnikaülikool) is Estonia’s only technical university, having been founded in 1918. TalTech is a university for engineering, commerce, public administration, and maritime affairs in Tallinn, Estonia’s capital.
Tartu and Kohtla-Järve are also home to TalTech colleges. Tallinn University and Tallinn University of Technology are two independent universities despite their similar titles.
Tallinn University of Technology is the third best university in the Baltic nations, with a position of 601-800 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17 and 601-650 in the QS World University Rankings (behind Tartu University and Vilnius University).
TalTech was ranked 31st in the QS University Rankings for Eastern Europe and Central Asia 2021, placing it among the region’s top ten technical universities and confirming its standing as the best technical university in the Baltics.
Tallinn University of Technology has set globalisation of higher education as one of its primary strategic goals. The university provides nearly 30 degree programmes in English, including four bachelor’s degrees, 18 master’s degrees, and nine doctoral degrees.
Tallinn University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Tallinn University of Technology
- Department: Department of Materials and Environmental Technology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Estonia.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30 June 2022 23:00.
Eligibility For Tallinn University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Chemical, Materials, and Energy.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A very high level of motivation and independent thinking abilities;
- A clear interest in the topic of the position
- Strong analytical skills, and competencies in using data analysis & graphing software: MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Origin.
How to Apply For Scholarship
- How to Apply: Applicants chosen as candidates for a PhD degree at the Tallinn University of Technology. After being enrolled, please get in touch with Dr. Marit Kauk-Kuusik at firstname.lastname@example.org visit https://taltech.ee/en/laboratory-photovoltaic-materials.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter
- Degree certificates
- Copy of the passport
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold a master’s degree in physics, chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
- Language Requirement: All international students must have to be known the written and spoken English language.
- The university will provide all the following benefits:
- Scholars will receive a salary.
- 4-year PhD position in an internationally known photovoltaic research group with a portfolio of ongoing European and national research and development projects;
- Opportunities for conference visits, research stays, and networking with globally leading universities and research centers in photovoltaics.