In Thailand, continue your education. There’s good news! Thailand Government Scholarships are now accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship program, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. Thailand’s government, through the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP), is offering international students fully supported master’s scholarships for the years 2022-2023. Thailand government scholarships will cover living expenses, lodging expenses, settlement money, book expenses, and thesis expenses.
In the year 2000, the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) was established as a framework for offering postgraduate scholarships to poor countries. TIPP, which believes that knowledge sharing is a critical component of South-South cooperation, provides opportunities for Thailand and its partners to share their experiences and best practices in order to promote long-term and sustainable development for all.
The AITC training courses and TIPP scholarships, which aim to share Thailand’s best practices and experience with the rest of the world, focus on development topics of our expertise, which can be categorized into five themes: Climate Change, Food Security, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP which Thailand is proud to introduce as the high lighted theme. SEP was established with the goal of providing insight into our homegrown development approach, which is a critical aspect in keeping Thailand on a stable growth path toward sustainable development in many fields.
TICA believes that through offering the Annual International Training Course and Thailand International Postgraduate Program, we are helping Thailand contribute to a more sustainable future.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Thailand University / Thailand Government
- Study in: Thailand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to check all the available courses.
- Program Period: This scholarship is available for the normal duration of the course.
- Deadline: March 15, 2022
Thailand Government Scholarships will cover:
- Return Economy Class Air Ticket and Airport Pickup Service.
- Domestic Travel in Thailand.
- Living Allowance 7,000 Baht Per Month.
- Accommodation Allowance of 7,000 Baht Per Month in the Regional Province or 9,000 Baht Per Month in Bangkok and Phuket.
- Settlement Money: 6,000 Baht on their first arrival to Thailand.
- Books Allowance: 10,000 Baht per year. (Only 4 semesters for Master’s degree)
- Thesis allowance of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing.
- Tuition Fee: Awardees’ tuition fee will be directly reimbursed from TICA, except equipment insurance fee, transcript and certificate fee.
- Health & Medical Coverage.
Eligibility Criteria for Thailand Government Scholarships
To qualify for Thailand Government Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. Good Command of English. Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulation.
- Eligible Countries: List of Eligible Countries.
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International
Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list. (See “List of Eligible Countries).
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Age Should be less than 50 Years.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University
How to Apply for Thailand Government Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Thailand Government Scholarships:
(1) The candidates must fill in the online application form on TICA website.
(2) The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. Nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
(3) Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each document as these following items:
- TIPP application form (Download from here).
- Medical report.
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout Bachelor’s degree).
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree.
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people).
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request).
All forms are duly filled out and endorsed by the candidates’ supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All of related documents must be in English. Each of eligible countries/territories can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
(4) The application procedure will complete when TICA has received the hard copy of the application form and other related documents through the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
To know more about Thailand Government Scholarships, please visit Official Website.