Begin your academic journey in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! The application period for the UCL Access Opportunity Scholarships is currently open.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. International students can apply for University College London (UCL) Access Opportunity Scholarships, which are fully financed undergraduate scholarships. This programme provides tuition and a £11,000 annual living allowance.
The Access Opportunity scholarship is designed to help students who are unable to obtain student loans for their higher education due to their immigration status.
With over 11,000 employees and 39,000 students from 150 countries, University College London is one of the world’s top multidisciplinary universities. Founded in 1826 in the centre of London, it was one of the University of London’s two founding institutions. UCL was England’s first university to admit students of any faith, as well as the first to admit women on an equal footing with males.
UCL stands for University College London, and it is a large public research university in London, United Kingdom. UCL is the second-biggest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrolment. It is a member institution of the federal University of London.
UCL was founded in 1826 as London University by founders inspired by Jeremy Bentham’s radical ideals. It was the first university in London, and the first in England, to be totally secular and to welcome students regardless of faith. UCL also claims to be England’s third-oldest university and the first to accept women, both of which are debatable claims. UCL was one of the two founding colleges of the University of London, which received its royal charter the same year. The Institute of Ophthalmology (in 1995), the Institute of Neurology (in 1997), the Royal Free Hospital Medical School (in 1998), the Eastman Dental Institute (in 1999), the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (in 1999), the School of Pharmacy (in 2012), and the Institute of Education have all merged (in 2014).
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University College London
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Check list of available course below
- Program Period: Four years
- Deadline: May, 2022
- Applied Medical Sciences
- Architectural and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- Bioprocessing of New Medicines
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Biochemical Engineering
- Engineering (Electronic and Electrical)
- Engineering (Mechanical with Business Finance)
- Human Sciences
- Management Science
- Medical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
For more information about Specialization.
UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship will consist of tuition fees and a living allowance of £11,000 per year for the normal duration of your programme at UCL.
- Annual renewal of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Eligibility Criteria for UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship
To qualify for UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Holding an offer of a place on a UCL undergraduate programme and;
- Asylum seekers, children of asylum seekers or unaccompanied asylum-seeking children who are seeking asylum in the UK OR forced migrants who are based in the UK and have been granted a temporary form of leave as the result of an asylum application or human rights application (e.g. limited leave to remain, discretionary leave to remain, humanitarian protection) .
- Unable to access student finance (tuition fee or maintenance loan) because of immigration status.
Note: We will consider your financial situation, residency and academic merit and you will need to demonstrate these in your application.
How to Apply for UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship:
- The application form and guidance notes can be downloaded below:
- Completed applications and supporting documentations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Successful candidates will be informed by August 2021.
To apply and know more about UCL Access Opportunity Scholarship, please visit Official Website.