For the academic year 2022–2023, the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) has made the decision to recognize the academic achievements of overseas students by providing them with financial aid for their studies.
The University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) scholarship award, worth $20,000 for four years of study, is open to all newly enrolled foreign undergraduate degree-seeking students who are in possession of a finished application file before the deadline and who are currently holding an active, non-immigrant temporary visa status.
The Minnesota State University Located in Duluth, Minnesota, Duluth is a public university. The institution belongs to the University of Minnesota network. Regional Universities Midwest has the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) at number 41.
Why did you decide to attend the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) to study?
The University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD)will be adaptable in its pursuit of a vibrant future that builds on our strengths and effectively navigates changing opportunities and challenges. It is a top-notch, undergraduate-focused institution of higher learning that values students and is committed to ensuring that all students may enroll there and achieve remarkable results.
More About University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD)
In Duluth, Minnesota, there is a public institution called the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD). It is a part of the University of Minnesota system and provides graduate programmes in 25 different subjects, as well as a two-year School of Medicine programme and a four-year College of Pharmacy programme. It also offers 16 bachelor’s degrees in 88 majors.
Plans for a college in the Duluth region were originally formed in the 1890s, even though the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) did not formally exist until 1947. The State Normal School in Duluth was established in 1895 after a measure was enacted by the state assembly establishing the teaching school for women (known at the time as a normal school).
The City of Duluth contributed 6 acres (2.4 ha) of property in 1896 to serve as the school’s foundation, and in 1899, the state legislature granted extra funding to cover the costs of erecting the school’s main structure, which was completed in 1900. The school was severely damaged by fire in February 1901, and it was reconstructed the following year.
Ocean, marine, and freshwater sciences are among the many fields of research where the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) has made a name for itself. It runs the Minnesota Sea Grant Program offices on campus and is the main sea-grant university for the state of Minnesota.
A two-year medical school was also established at the university in 1972 to offer the initial two years of medical training in a small urban and rural environment. In order to function more semi-independently from the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD), the medical school was reconfigured in 2000 to become a direct component of the University of Minnesota Medical School from the Twin Cities campus.
Nearly 11,000 students attend the university each year, making it a medium-sized institution that primarily serves the Twin Ports and Twin Cities regions.
The University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) offers graduate degrees in 25 subjects and 16 bachelor’s degree programmes with 88 majors and 77 minors.
- University or Organization: University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $20,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Interested students must have a completed application file by 15th November 2022.
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes offered at the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have previously attended a college/university.
- The applicants must apply by the application deadline to be eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made via the application portal of the university. All eligible applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit all secondary high school transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have graduated from high school.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT score of 80
- IELTS score of 6.5
- Duolingo score of 105
- Cambridge C1 score of 180 Pearson
- PTE Academic score of 55
The winners chosen by the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) will be provided a total sum of $20,000, $5,000 each per year for four years of undergraduate study undertaken.