Students are encouraged to apply for the PhD Student Positions in Medical Sciences with a Research Profile in Radiation Physics given by Umea University via the Department of Radiation Sciences. The job is intended for the 2022–2023 academic year.
The project intends to develop image-based approaches for cancer therapy and monitoring, especially magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography, but it may potentially encompass CT, CBCT, and other imaging modalities.
In Umea, Sweden’s mid-northern area, there is a public research university known as Umea University. The institution was established in 1965, making it the fifth-oldest university within the current borders of Sweden.
The Umea University was established in 1965, making it the fifth-oldest university within the current borders of Sweden. Over 36,000 enrolled students, including postgraduate and doctorate students, attend Umea University. Over 4,000 people work there, including 310 academics, half of whom are instructors and researchers.
Umea University is one of the best institutions in the world, according to current, well-regarded ranking lists. In a number of academic fields, they are also among the top in the world. Students can find amazing job options and career prospects here. The objective include creating text mining and data curation techniques employing artificial intelligence-based algorithms and extensive inventory checks.
More About Umea University
In Umea, Sweden’s mid-northern area, there is a public research institution called Umea University. The institution was established in 1965 and is currently Sweden’s fifth-oldest university.
In 2015, Umea University had about 36,000 enrolled students, including postgraduate and doctorate students (around 16,000 full-time). It employs almost 4,000 people, including 310 academics, half of whom work as instructors or researchers.
The Umea University is well-known abroad for its highly regarded Institute of (industrial) Design as well as studies on the genomes of Norway spruce and poplar trees.
Umea University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: Department of Radiation Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 16.00 (UK time) on Monday, 26 August 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in any medical sciences research profile in radiation physics offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To meet the requirement of specific competence to be admitted for doctoral studies in medical science in radiation physics, the applicant should, through university studies or other equivalent education, have gained basic theoretical knowledge in subjects that are considered to be directly relevant to the current focus. The department’s doctoral education group evaluates whether the candidate holds appropriate knowledge to be eligible for admission to doctoral studies.
- Medical physics education or equivalent knowledge in image analysis and programming is preferable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, applicants must take admission to the PhD degree programme at Umea University. After being enrolled, applicants can complete the online application form for this award. For additional information about the position, please contact Tuff Nyholm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The application should contain:
- A cover letter with a brief description of your research interests and a motivation for why you apply.
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
- Copies of diplomas, grades, and certificates.
- Copies of master thesis work.
- If applicable, the publication list.
- Contact information for two reference persons.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must hold a University degree of at least 240 credits (ECTS), at least 60 credits at an advanced level or equivalent levels of education otherwise acquired in Sweden or abroad.
- Language Requirement: Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is required.
The Umea University will provide the monthly salary for successful applicants in Sweden for the academic session 2022-2023.