For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) has launched the Asian and African Students Scholarships (AASS) to provide equal chances to students from developing nations.
This UMM scholarship programme will assist overseas students from Asian and African countries with their degree studies, whether undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate. Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 35 and have applied to a full-time programme in order to be considered. The winning students will receive complete tuition reimbursement.
The University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM), founded in 1964 and established by a figure of Muhammadiyah Leadership in Malang, is the largest Muhammadiyah university in East Java. It is one of Indonesia’s fastest-growing universities and is among the country’s top private universities.
Why should you study at the Muhammadiyah University in Malang (UMM)? UMM is a hub for learning, research, and community involvement that continually radiates positive energy across the neighbourhood. It is actually a university because it is a higher education institution dedicated to the development of the Tri Darma of Higher Education and offers well-designed programmes.
More About University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM)
The Muhammadiyah University of Magelang (UMM) (Universitas Muhammadiyah Magelang, or Unimma) is a private university affiliated with the Muhammadiyah movement. On August 31, 1964, the university was established in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia.
Muhammadiyah University of Magelang (UMM) began as a satellite campus of Muhammadiyah University of Jakarta. It eventually split apart. Prof. Dr. Achmadi led and chaired Muhammadiyah University of Magelang from 2008 until 2011. Ir. Eko Muh. Widodo is presently in charge.
In Indonesia, UMM is classified as an intermediate university. It receives 1000-1500 student applications each year from all around Indonesia. The vast majority of students come from Central Java, particularly the Kedu plateau areas of Magelang, Temanggung, Wonosobo, Banjarnegara, Kebumen, and Purworejo.
Undergraduate students can enrol in a study programme at Muhammadiyah University of Magelang. Economics, Law, Education, Technology, Health, and Islamic Studies are the six faculties.
The scholarships are funded by the government and the corporate sector, with sponsors including jarum, Gudang Garam, SuperSemar, Muhammadiyah Foundation, Indonesian Ministry of Education, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, and others.
UMM Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate , Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Application Deadline: The application is currently ongoing. However, students must honor program-specific application deadlines, if any.
Eligibility For UMM Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Asian or Africa.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for any bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral programme offered at the University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be 23 years of age on August 15, 2022, for Bachelor’s program.
- The applicants must be 35 years of age on August 15, 2022, for the master’s and doctorate program.
- The applicants must be a citizen of Asian or African countries.
- The applicants must be able to provide the health certificate declared by doctors or hospitals registered in their respective countries.
- The applicants must not be a citizen of Indonesia, hold permanent residency in Indonesia or be applying for a visa to live in Indonesia permanently.
- The applicants must not be permanent or impermanent workers in Indonesia while studying.
How to Apply For UMM Scholarship
- How to Apply: The applicants can make admission applications via the official university portal. To apply for this scholarship, the students must fill out the registration and scholarship application form available on the UMM Website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Recent photograph
- Copy of passport
- School certificate
- School transcript
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Copy of birth certificate and Passport
- Security vetting
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must fulfill all university international student admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must apply for the university’s English proficiency test, Test of Academic English Proficiency (TAEP), designed by the Language Centre of the University of Muhammadiyah Malang.
UMM Scholarship Benefits
The University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) will offer the selected candidates full tuition fees, including the registration costs, examination, orientation, and laboratories for the programme applied.