The UniSA MF & MH Joyner Higher Degree by Research Scholarships have been created by the University of South Australia (UniSA) for the 2022–2023 academic year.
For the chosen individuals, the scholarship provides a $30,000 annual living allowance stipend. For the duration of the program’s normal term, candidates who identify as Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander will be eligible for a higher stipend rate of $45,076 year as well as a fee offset or waiver. For consideration, candidates must possess the necessary academic credentials, such as Honours with Distinction in Visual Art.
This initiative will give applicants for advanced degrees in contemporary art a framework in which to explore research interests and issues of their choosing, with the hope that the findings will enhance knowledge and practice in the visual arts. Projects focused on novel paradigms for the practice or engagement of visual art, or on experimental artistic approaches, are highly encouraged.
A public research institution called the University of South Australia (UniSA) is located in the Australian territory of South Australia. The institution is placed 363rd in the 2023 QS World University Rankings, placing it within the top 150 universities in Australia and the top 500 worldwide.
What makes the University of South Australia (UniSA) a good place to study?
The University of South Australia (UniSA), which is nimble and astute and is renowned for relevance, equality, and excellence, is Australia’s University of Enterprise on the international arena. UniSA educates and prepares international students from all backgrounds, instilling professional skills, knowledge, and the capacity drive for lifelong learning through a collaborative, end-user-informed culture of teaching and research with a commitment to outstanding service, continuous improvement, and sustainability.
In the Australian state of South Australia, there is a public research institution called the University of South Australia (UniSA). With almost 37,000 students, it is the largest university in South Australia and a founding member of the Australian Technology Network.
UniSA Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of South Australia (UniSA)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD / Masters by Research
- Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Application Deadline: Applications will close on Sunday, 16th October 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Australia.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can undertake any PhD or Master by Research of choice in the 2D, 3D, and 4D areas taught at the University of South Australia (UniSA).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants can be Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia, including permanent humanitarian visa holders.
- The applicants must submit a portfolio of creative works with evidence of an associated record of visual arts exhibitions at recognized venues.
- The applicants must provide examples of critical writing on visual art theory and practice.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply for admission via the application portal of the university. Interested students are required to submit a separate scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an honors degree or a Bachelor’s degree with Honours of at least class 2 standard in an appropriate discipline.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must meet the English language requirements of the university.
The University of South Australia (UniSA) will award the selected candidates a scholarship of $30,000 per annum along with a fee-offset or waiver for the standard term of the program.