PhD places are available at the University of Bayreuth for students interested in studying the topic of air pollution modelling and health: spatiotemporal statistical modelling, model optimization, and the change of support problem.
For the academic year 2022-2023, applications are now being accepted. Applicants with programming skills and a research experience in geoinformatics, statistics, computer science, or comparable will be considered. All students, both international and domestic, are welcome to apply.
The University of Bayreuth, established in 1975, is a public research university dedicated to interdisciplinary research and science, as well as the creation and development of interdisciplinary disciplines. It is ranked 36th in Germany’s top universities.
Why should you study Bayreuth University? Because of its central location, the University of Bayreuth attracts a large number of international students. The communicative campus brings together scientific exchange benefits from a wide range of disciplines, which explains why the University of Bayreuth has received so many prizes and distinctions for its academic achievements. It also has a plethora of cultural and artistic attractions for its students and scholars.
More About University of Bayreuth
The University of Bayreuth (German: Universität Bayreuth) is a public research university in Bayreuth, Germany, that was created in 1975 as a campus university. It is divided into seven undergraduate and graduate faculties, each of which sets its own admissions requirements and academic programs in a near-autonomous manner.
Global Change Ecology, Theatre and Media Studies, and Health Economics are just a few of the interdisciplinary courses available at the university. In the Times Higher Education world university ranking for universities founded less than 50 years ago, the university was rated 51 in 2020. It is a part of the Elite Network of Bavaria (Elitenetzwerk Bayern), a Bavarian educational policy idea aimed at promoting gifted students and children in higher education.
The institution has a capacity of roughly 10,000 students; due to the twin Abitur cohorts, enrollment peaked at approximately 11,400 students in the winter term 2011/12. Many study programs, such as “Philosophy & Economics,” “History & Economics,” “International Economy and Development,” “Health Economics,” “Sports Economics,” “Polymer- and Colloidal Chemistry,” “Geoecology,” “Global Change Ecology,” and “Applied Informatics,” adopt quasi-interdisciplinary methodologies.
In 2007, the Faculty of Law, Business Administration, and Economics granted Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, German Federal Minister of Defense, a summa cum laude doctorate. In February 2011, German media criticized the University of Bayreuth after severe plagiarism in zu Guttenberg’s dissertation was exposed. Accusations of bribery and political corruption were refuted by a university representative. The PhD was revoked by the institution, and Guttenberg was compelled to quit.
- University or Organization: University of Bayreuth
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Deadline: Students are expected to start their studies in April 2022, so they should make applications as soon as possible.
- Eligible Countries: All international and German national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research studies in Geo informatics at the University of Bayreuth can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a research background in geoinformatics, statistics, computer science, or equivalent.
- The applicant must have an interest in atmospheric science, environmental modeling, or Geo health.
- The applicant must possess programming skills in R or Python
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this position, students must go to the applicant portal and start their application, in which they must choose ‘Geoinformatics’ from the drop-down menu. All applications will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide a cover letter, CV, publication list as well as the contact information of two references.
- Admission Requirements: Students must possess relevant qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to have good English writing and communication skill.
The candidates selected by the University of Bayreuth will be offered the research position in Geoinformatics.