The University of Gothenburg is accepting applications for International Postdoctoral Scholarships in Computational Ecology in order to entice students to pursue full-time studies in Sweden.
This study programme intends to provide financial assistance to high-achieving international candidates who intend to pursue postdoctoral studies at the university.
Gothenburg, Sweden’s second-largest city, is home to the University of Gothenburg. The University of Gothenburg is ranked 134th on the list of Best Global Universities. The institution uses science as a foundation and engaging teaching methodologies to challenge people to enrich their lives and achieve a sustainable future.
Why should you study at Gothenburg University?
The University of Gothenburg is dedicated to fostering creativity and innovation, as well as expanding knowledge and stimulating critical thinking. By learning new knowledge and perspectives, Gothenburg students and researchers contribute to a better future.
More About University of Gothenburg
Gothenburg, Sweden’s second-largest city, is home to the University of Gothenburg. The university was established in 1891, making it the third-oldest of the present-day Swedish universities. With 37,000 students and 6000 staff members, it is also one of the largest in the Nordic region.
The University of Gothenburg is one of Sweden’s most diverse and adaptable universities, with eight colleges and 38 departments. Its eight colleges provide education in the social sciences, humanities, education, information technology, business, economics, and law, as well as the creative arts, natural sciences, and health sciences.
In several of its areas and courses, the University of Gothenburg receives the most applications per available study spot, making it one of the most sought-after institutions in Sweden.
The University of Gothenburg consistently ranks highly in the world for life sciences and medicine, both locally and internationally. According to the AWRU-Shanghai 2018 world ranking, it was ranked second in Sweden, eleventh in Europe, and thirty-first globally in the fields of biology and life sciences.
|Ranking||Global||Subject: Biomedical and Clinical sciences|
University of Gothenburg Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Gothenburg
- Department: Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Application Deadline: Applications close on July 15, 2022.
Eligibility For University of Gothenburg Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD in Computational Ecology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicant must hold a PhD degree in an area relevant for the tasks at hand (such as computational ecology, or related subjects) or a foreign exam substantially equivalent to a PhD degree in a relevant subject. The PhD degree must be completed by the time the employment decision is made.
How to Apply For University of Gothenburg Scholarship
- How to Apply: To be considered for this studentship, students interested in applying for the studentship must log in here to submit an admission application first. Students must include the supporting documents in PDF format in their application to be considered for the studentships.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A cover letter with the applicant’s justification for the application, i.e., that describes how the applicant meets the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages).
- A list of qualifications (CV).
- Certificate of PhD exam and other education of relevance.
- Complete list of publications, including submitted and accepted manuscripts.
- Contact information for two potential references who are familiar with the applicants work.
- A summary of programming skills including a link to relevant repositories or personal homepage where their code is publicly available and a specification of what part of the programming of prior joint projects they were responsible for (maximum 1 page).
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a second-cycle (advanced-level) degree in a relevant* subject area in the natural sciences, or have completed studies for at least 60 higher education credits at a second-cycle level in relevant subject areas in the natural sciences, or have completed a corresponding program of relevance to the planned third-cycle program, in Sweden or another country, or have equivalent qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- TOEFL PBT – 550
University of Gothenburg Scholarship Benefits
The PhD candidates selected will be offered employment for three years full-time at the University of Gothenburg. The employment is temporary employment during 3 years with an extent of 100 % of full time, placed at the Department of Biological and Environmental Science.