University of New Mexico Scholarships, USA Undergraduate students who are US citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents are eligible for Undergraduate Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships from the University of New Mexico.
Students at the University of New Mexico pursuing a range of degrees have access to these possibilities. The University of New Mexico offers scholarships that vary in value from $2,500 to $5,000 that can be used to pay for tuition and living expenses. Students must fulfill the standards set out by the University of New Mexico in order to be eligible for these endowments.
The Latin American & Iberian Institute (LAII) at the University of New Mexico is pleased to announce a call for applications for Spring 2023 US Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships. These fellowships are available to undergraduate students enrolled at the LAII-affiliated Center for Latin American and Border Studies (CLAS) and are intended to support language study and research in the areas of Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or Iberia.
More About University of New Mexico (UNM)
In Albuquerque, New Mexico, there is a public research institution called the University of New Mexico (UNM). UNM, which was established in 1889, provides professional, doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s degree programmes.
There are branch campuses at Gallup, Los Alamos, Rio Rancho, Taos, and Los Lunas in addition to the main campus in Albuquerque, which spans more than 600 acres (240 hectares). UNM is listed as one of the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institutions. Its coordinates are 35.08389°N 106.61861°W. UNM spent $251 million on research and development in 2018, placing it 94th in the country, according to the National Science Foundation.
16 varsity sports are available through UNM’s NCAA Division I programme (FBS for football). The teams play in the Mountain West Conference and are referred to as the Lobos. At New Mexico sports events, two human mascots known as Lobo Louie and Lobo Lucy excite the audience. Skiing and cross-country running have both been national championship events for the Lobos. The official school colours are cherry and silver.
- Organization: The University of New Mexico (UNM)
- Department: Education
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: $2,500 up to $5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic Students
- Eligible Countries: US Citizens, Nationals, and Permanent Residents
- Eligibility: Students can apply for undergraduate degrees offered at the University of New Mexico.
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: October 03, 2022.
- US citizens, nationals, and permanent residents
- Full-time UNM undergraduates in any discipline may apply
- Students in the professional schools and STEM fields and those planning a career in US government service are highly encouraged to apply
- FLAS Fellowship recipients are required to complete at least 1 Latin American area studies (non-language) course and 1 Portuguese, Quechua, Nahuatl, or Yucatec Maya at UNM while holding the fellowship
- Undergraduate student recipients must be prepared to study one of the approved languages at the intermediate or advanced level.
- Students with or without financial need are encouraged to apply; however, among equally qualified students, preference will be given to those who can demonstrate financial need. As such, applicants should submit their FAFSA to UNMs Office of Financial Aid at the earliest date possible and fill out a Financial Need Analysis Request Form to have their financial need information shared with LAII
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out the form at https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6zk7nooLJkgU HoW and submit your materials electronically. Your recommender should also email their letter of recommendation directly to LAII at email@example.com.