The University of Southern Denmark Department of Design and Communication is accepting applications for PhD Fellowships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The PhD fellowship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to submit a research project that combines one or more of these study areas with one or more of the department’s priority domains. The role will be available beginning September 1, 2022.
The University of Southern Denmark, founded in 1998, is a Danish university with a campus in Southern Denmark. In collaboration with the Universities of Flensburg and Kiel, the university offers a number of collaborative programmes. In the list of Best Global Universities, SDK is rated #255. The university is regarded as one of the world’s top fifty young universities, with a reputation for world-class research.
Why should you go to the University of Southern Denmark to study?
University of Southern provides world-class education, research, and knowledge sharing while also fostering community growth, welfare, and development. The University of Southern makes things happen that are visible, valuable to society and students, and aid in the growth of society. The University offers world-class education and is committed to a global perspective.
More About University of Southern Denmark
The University of Southern Denmark (USD) is a Danish university with campuses in Southern Denmark and Zealand.
In collaboration with the Universities of Flensburg and Kiel, the university offers a number of collaborative programmes. There are close ties with area companies and the international scientific community.
The University of Southern is the third-largest and, given its roots in Odense Institution, the third-oldest Danish university, with 29,674 enrolled students (as of 2016). Both the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of the Top 100 Universities Under 50 and the QS World University Rankings of the Top 50 Universities Under 50 have consistently ranked the University of Southern Denmark among the top 50 young universities in the world since the ranking systems were introduced in 2012.
The University of Southern is administered by a board of nine members, with five members recruited from outside the university, one member appointed by the scientific staff, one member appointed by the administrative staff, and two members appointed by the students making up the majority of the board.
The University of Southern board appoints the rector. The rector, in turn, appoints deans, who in turn appoint department heads. There is no faculty senate, and the rector, deans, and department heads are not appointed by the faculty. As a result, there is no faculty governance at the university.
University of Southern Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Faculty of Humanities
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 29 June 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in the Department of Design and Communication offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The successful applicant will be employed following the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, you are recommended to be admitted to the PhD degree at the university. After getting enrolled and complete the PhD application form found here.
- Supporting Documents: The application should include:
- A Special PhD-application form can be found here.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Detailed project description, no more than five pages.
- Examination certificates.
- A maximum of 2 of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf file for each publication. For any publication with a co-author, a co-author statement must be submitted as part of the pdf-file.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed a relevant master’s degree with a good assessment.
- Language Requirement: Application and all appendices must be in Danish, English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
The University of Southern Denmark will offer the selected candidates salary, and employment ends automatically by the end of the period.