The University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarships are open to international students who want to study at the undergraduate or graduate level at the University of Strathclyde in the UK during the academic year 2023.
The University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship Program aims to provide excellent student-athletes with the opportunity to pursue a dual career, earning their degree while also pursuing their athletic goals.
Academic flexibility, world-class sports science and medical support, and financial aid for training and competition expenditures are all goals of the program. The Performance Sport Scholarship program is offered on a one-year renewable basis, depending on the annual review of applicants by the Performance Sport Panel. Performance Sport Scholars receive a comprehensive support package worth up to £4,750 each year, which is funded by generous donations from the University of Strathclyde Alumni Community.
The University of Strathclyde is a public university in Scotland that does research. Its main campus is in Glasgow. It is the second-oldest university in Glasgow. It was the first technological university in the UK when it got its royal charter in 1964. It was founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute. It is Scotland’s third-largest university by number of students, with students and staff from over 100 countries. It takes its name from the medieval kingdom of Strathclyde.
Times Higher Education honored the institution as “University of the Year” in 2012 and again in 2020, making it the first university to receive this honor twice. The institution’s yearly income for 2020–21 was £334.8 million, with £81.2 million coming from research grants and contracts and £298.8 million spent.
- Institution: University of Strathclyde
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Number of scholarships: Varies (circa 65)
- Study in: UK
- Deadline: 3 April 2023
-Chemical & Process Engineering
-Civil & Environmental Engineering
-Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management
-Electronic & Electrical Engineering
-Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
-Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences;
-Centre for Lifelong Learning
-Government & Public Policy
-Psychological Sciences & Health
-Social Work & Social Policy
- Strathclyde Business School;
-Accounting & Finance
-Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
-MBA & International Division
-Strathclyde Executive Education & Development
-Work, Employment & Organisation
-Computer & Information Sciences
-Mathematics & Statistics
-Pure & Applied Chemistry
-Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
The Performance Sport Scholarship Programme is offered on a one-year renewable basis based on the Performance Sport Panel’s review of applications each year.
The University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship will provide up to £1,000 (+ up to £3,750* in-kind support). This scholarship also help with Living costs, Equipment and study costs.
- Helps with Living costs, Travel costs, Equipment and study costs.
To qualify for the University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Full Time, Part Time students of Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught, Postgraduate Research.
- All applicants must be competing in a Sportscotland-recognised sport, and priority will be given to students competing in a BUCS-sport who can demonstrate the potential to contribute toward the University’s objective of being ranked in the top 20 in the UK by 2022-23.
- All applicants are to be competing at Junior or Senior International level.
- Furthermore, we actively encourage students competing at an elite level within disability sport and our new £31m Sports Facility is fully-accessible.
For more details click, here
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship:
- You will be asked to provide contact details for:
- An individual from your Sports Governing Body (Performance Director or equivalent), and
- Your Sports Coach.
Therefore, please have this information available prior to starting your application as you will not be able to return to the application once started.
- Please apply through the online form.