International students interested in pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Strathclyde in the UK for the academic year 2022-2023 can apply for University of Strathclyde Performance Sports Scholarships.
The University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship programme aims to provide excellent student-athletes with the opportunity to pursue a dual career, earning their degree while also pursuing their athletic goals.
Academic flexibility, world-class sports science and medical support, and financial aid for training and competition expenditures are all goals of the programme. The Performance Sport Scholarship programme is offered on a one-year renewable basis, depending on the annual review of applicants by the Performance Sport Panel. Performance Sport Scholars receive a comprehensive support package worth up to £4,750 each year, which is funded possible by generous donations from the University of Strathclyde Alumni Community.
The University of Strathclyde is a Scottish public research university with its headquarters in Glasgow. It is Glasgow’s second-oldest university, having obtained its royal charter in 1964 as the United Kingdom’s first technological university. It was founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute. It is Scotland’s third-largest university by number of students, with students and staff from over 100 countries. It takes its name from the mediaeval Kingdom of Strathclyde.
Times Higher Education honoured the institution University of the Year in 2012 and again in 2020, making it the first university to receive this honour twice. The institution’s yearly income for 2020–21 was £334.8 million, with £81.2 million coming from research grants and contracts and £298.8 million spent.
- Institution(s): University of Strathclyde
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Study in: UK
-Chemical & Process Engineering
-Civil & Environmental Engineering
-Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management
-Electronic & Electrical Engineering
-Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
-Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences;
-Centre for Lifelong Learning
-Government & Public Policy
-Psychological Sciences & Health
-Social Work & Social Policy
- Strathclyde Business School;
-Accounting & Finance
-Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
-MBA & International Division
-Strathclyde Executive Education & Development
-Work, Employment & Organisation
-Computer & Information Sciences
-Mathematics & Statistics
-Pure & Applied Chemistry
-Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
The Performance Sport Scholarship Programme is offered on a one-year renewable basis based on the Performance Sport Panel’s review of applications each year.
University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship will provide up to £1,000 (+ up to £3,750* in-kind support). This scholarship also help with Living costs, Equipment and study costs.
To qualify for University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Full Time, Part Time students of Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught, Postgraduate Research.
- All applicants must be competing in a Sportscotland-recognised sport, and priority will be given to students competing in a BUCS-sport who can demonstrate the potential to contribute toward the University’s objective of being ranked in the top 20 in the UK by 2022-23.
- All applicants are to be competing at Junior or Senior International level.
- Furthermore, we actively encourage students competing at an elite level within disability sport and our new £31m Sports Facility is fully-accessible.
For more details click, here
How to Apply for University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship:
- You will be asked to provide contact details for:
- An individual from your Sports Governing Body (Performance Director or equivalent), and
- Your Sports Coach.
Therefore, please have this information available prior to starting your application as you will not be able to return to the application once started.
- Please apply through the online form.
To know more about University of Strathclyde Performance Sport Scholarship, please visit Official Website.