UNSW Undergraduate Scholarships, Australian students pursuing full-time undergraduate studies in a Bachelor of Advanced Science or Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics).
It including double degrees with a declared major in the School of Mathematics & Statistics, will be offered the Indigenous General Merit undergraduate financial aid by UNSW Sydney.
The amount of funding varies, and candidates are chosen based on academic merit. Please send your application before the deadline if you’re interested in applying for this position.
While Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity is unique and sacred to every person, UNSW scholarships for Indigenous students will require proof of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity and heritage from professional sources.
If you have not already provided proof of identity and heritage to Nura Gili, any Indigenous-specific scholarship offer made by UNSW financial aid positions will be conditional upon receipt of proof of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage from professional sources outlined on the Nura Gili website.
More About University of New South Wales
Located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, the University of New South Wales, often known as UNSW Sydney, is a public research university. It is one of the original eight universities in Australia that make up the Group of Eight.
Research university University of New South Wales was founded in 1949 and is now rated 67th globally by Times Higher Education and 44th globally by QS in the 2021 World University Rankings. It is a part of the global network of research universities known as Universitas 21. With more than 200 universities worldwide, it has relationships for research and international interaction.
In the top 20 worldwide for law, accounting, and finance and first in Australia for mathematics, engineering, and technology, respectively, according to the 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject, UNSW is a leading university. The median ATAR (Australian university admission examination results) of UNSW’s medical school students is greater than that of any other Australian undergraduate medical school, making it one of the top Australian universities in the field of medicine.
The university provides bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees through its seven faculties. The primary campus is located seven kilometres (4.3 miles) from Sydney’s CBD in the Sydney neighbourhood of Kensington (CBD). The UNSW Art & Design college for the creative arts has a Paddington main campus as well as satellite campuses in Randwick and Coogee in Sydney’s CBD. The state of New South Wales is home to several research stations.
The second-largest campus of the university is located in Canberra, in the Australian Capital Territory, and is referred to as UNSW Canberra at ADFA (previously known as UNSW at ADFA) (ACT). The sole national academic institution with a concentration on defence is UNSW Canberra, which houses ADFA, the military academy of the Australian Defence Force.
- Organization: University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: Varies
- Number of awards: several
- Eligible countries: Australia
- Subjects: Science & Mathematics, Statistics
- Eligible courses: Be commencing full-time undergraduate studies in a Bachelor of Advanced Science or Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics), including double degrees with a declared major in the School of Mathematics & Statistics.
- Eligibility: Australian Students can apply.
- Application Deadline: 13 December 2022.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- Be commencing full-time undergraduate studies in a Bachelor of Advanced Science or Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics), including double degrees with a declared major in the School of Mathematics & Statistics.
Applicants will be assessed based on:
- Academic Merit
- Leadership skills (school, workplace, or community)
- Extra-curricular activities (sporting, cultural activities, volunteer/work experience)
- Aptitude and commitment to studies
You must provide evidence supporting the above criteria in your online application. Please refer to the Scholarship Application Supporting Documents for a detailed list of examples.
How to Apply
You must submit an online application form for the UNSW Indigenous Scholarships Program. The form will provide information about your academic hi, achievements, and financial needs. You must also provide a personal statement outlining your reasons for wanting to study at UNSW.