UOL Latest PhD Scholarships, Researchers are invited to apply for an interesting chance to join a sizable initiative involving academic and industry partners by the University of Liverpool (UOL). For the academic year 2022-2023, the PhD Scholarship in Cleaner Futures: New Porous Materials for CO2 Catalysis is available.
The EPSRC, which funds the studentship, makes it available to students from all around the world as well as citizens of other countries. The scholarship will be used to do research at Liverpool’s (UOL) Department of Chemistry on the intersection of chemistry, materials science, and manufacturing. The scholarship comes with a £15,609 year stipend and will pay the entire tuition.
In Liverpool, England, there is a public research institution called the University of Liverpool (UOL). The University of Liverpool (UOL) is listed as the 155th best university in the world. The university’s civic mission is to enhance life and learning.
Why would someone pick to attend the University of Liverpool (UOL)?
The University of Liverpool (UOL) wants to help its students develop into highly employable, imaginative, and culturally knowledgeable graduates who will be able to find work that will allow them to be change agents in a connected world.
More About University of Liverpool (UOL)
A public research university with its headquarters in Liverpool, England, is called the University of Liverpool (abbreviated UOL). It was established in 1881 as a college but only received its Royal Charter and the right to grant degrees in 1903.
It is also recognized as one of the six “red brick” municipal universities and was the first to be called The Original Red Brick. It has three faculties with 35 departments and schools within them. In addition to being triple-crown certified, it is a founding member of the Russell Group, the N8 Group for scientific collaboration, and the Russell Group.
The (UOL) university’s graduates and former professors include nine Nobel Prize winners, and it provides more than 230 first-degree courses in 103 fields. The CEOs of Global Foundries, ARM Holdings, Tesco, Motorola, and The Coca-Cola Company are among its graduates.
At the Johnston Laboratories, it was the first university in the world to create departments of oceanography, civic design, architecture, and biochemistry. The institution founded Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University in 2006, being the first in the UK to do so.
This gave it the distinction of being the first Sino-British university. Liverpool (UOL) had a $597.4 million revenue year 2020–21, of which £112.5 million came from grants and contracts for research. Of all the universities in England, it has the seventh-largest endowment. The post-nominal letters L pool are fashioned on university graduates to denote the school.
UOL Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Liverpool (UOL)
- Department: Department of Chemistry
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Application Deadline: The application deadline set is 22nd November 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD in Chemical Sciences at the Department of Chemistry at the University of Liverpool (UOL).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants can be students from worldwide.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make their admission applications on the university’s application portal. To apply for the scholarship, students must ensure they quote the following reference on their application:
- New porous materials for CO2 Catalysis (Reference CCPR025)
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- School or college transcripts/ certificates.
- University transcripts.
- Degree certificates.
- English language certificates (International applicants only).
- Personal statement.
- Two references signed and on letter-headed paper.
- Research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the department of the university they wish to join, which here is typically an academic qualification relevant to chemical sciences.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 88
- C1 Advanced CAE – 176
- TOEFL IBT – 88
The University of Liverpool (UOL) will award the selected candidates a PhD scholarship, including full tuition fees and a maintenance grant worth £15,609 per annum for 3.5 years.