Continue your education in Australia. There’s good news! (UoM) Melbourne Research Scholarships are now accepting applications.
We will go through the scholarships of this scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in this article. For international students, the Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) 2022-2023 is a fully financed scholarship.
For Masters and doctorate research studies, approximately 600 scholarships are offered. This scholarship includes a $31,200 annual living allowance, full tuition reimbursement, single membership in the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), relocation assistance, and many other benefits.
The UoM is a government-funded institution that contributes to society in a number of ways, including science, education, and civic engagement. It is consistently ranked among the world’s top institutions, with international world rankings placing it as Australia’s number one and the world’s number 31. (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021).
Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) are open to international students from all over the world who are interested in pursuing postgraduate studies at The UoM in Australia. The UoM scholarships give a stipend as well as tuition assistance and are available for a number of courses offered by various Melbourne Schools. Eligible applicants are rated and graded based on their last completed degree’s academic success as well as their research potential in their field of study.
UoM Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): The University of Melbourne (UoM)
- Study in: Australia
- Program Period:
— 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree.
— 4 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree.
- Deadline: Varies as per selected course.
You can check the courses offered by following schools:
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
- Melbourne Business School.
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Melbourne Conservatorium of Music.
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Melbourne Dental School.
- Melbourne Law School.
- Melbourne School of Design.
- Melbourne Medical School.
- Melbourne School of Engineering.
- Melbourne School of Population and Global Health.
- Melbourne School of Health Sciences.
- Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences.
- Online Graduate Courses.
- Office for Environmental Programs.
- School of Biomedical Sciences.
- The Faculty of Science.
- School of Melbourne Custom Programs.
- Victorian College of the Arts.
For more information on courses click here.
UoM Scholarship Coverage
UoM Scholarships provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro rata (2021 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
Eligibility Criteria for UoM Scholarships
To be eligible for UoM Scholarships (MRS), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- You must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master by research or Doctoral degree at the UoM.
- You must be currently enrolled in a research degree at the UoM.
How to Apply for UoM Scholarships (MRS)?
Please follow below steps to avail UoM Scholarships:
- If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of having submitted your course application.
- If you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of having submitted the online form.
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of having submitted the online form.
To know more about Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS), please visit Official Website.