The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) offers this fantastic opportunity to international students so they can afford their study abroad in Australia. For the school year 2022–2023, it has launched the International Student Support Scholarships.
The application for USQ award is only made available to students from other countries. For consideration for USQ scholarship award—a 25% tuition fee reduction—applicants must be new beginning students enrolling in any undergraduate, postgraduate, or research degree of their choice at USQ.
In the list of the best global universities, the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), a medium-sized regional university with its headquarters in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, is rated 607th. The culture of the university is strongly centred on values.
Why did you decide to attend the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) to study?
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is steadfastly dedicated to morality and honesty, teamwork, creativity, and innovation. The friendly environment and dedication to studying and teaching that USQ is known for make it a pioneer in online and blended education.
More About University of Southern Queensland
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is a medium-sized, regional university with three campuses located in Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich in Queensland, Australia. It provides classes in the following fields: law, medicine, engineering, science, business, education, and the arts.
The college was founded in 1969 as the Queensland Institute of Technology’s Darling Downs campus. The college has offered study abroad and rural Queensland communities programmes in 1970. The Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education was established in 1971.
In 1990, it changed its name to University College of Southern Queensland, and in 1992, it became the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). It runs three research institutes and seven research centres that concentrate on a variety of commercial, agricultural, scholarly, scientific, technological, and environmental challenges.
The University is renowned for having Australia’s largest Japanese-designed garden, its largest solar-integrated parking structure, and a library with rainforest and water features. For its commitment to sustainability, which focuses on renewable energy, waste reduction, water retention, and integration of sustainability into strategic planning, the University won the international Green Gown award in 2017.
In the Northern Territory, University archaeologists found the oldest Australian rock art from 28,000 years ago in 2012. In 2018, University astronomers found a new planet orbiting a star nearly 2 billion years older than the sun.
The Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency has recognised the University for its efforts to stop violence against women and named it an employer of choice for gender equality (WGEA).
USQ Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate / Research
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Application Deadline: The application pathway will close at 5.00 pm (AEST) Friday, 22nd July 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree programme of choice offered at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be an international student
- The applicants must be enrolled in full-time study in either on-campus or online mode
- The applicants must be on-campus students (or have the intention to study on-campus after Australian Government travel restrictions are lifted).
- The applicants must be new commencing students.
- The applicants must have received an offer to study for Semester 1, 2 or 3 in 2022, in a degree program offered by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an admission application All international students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- official photographic identification.
- senior high school (A levels / Year 12) certificate and academic transcripts.
- all post-secondary study certificates and academic transcripts (if any).
- evidence of work experience (if any).
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic and English requirements for a USQ degree program for which they apply.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 5.5
- TOEFL PBT – 525
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- PTE – 50
The candidate selected as winners of this scholarship will be provided a tuition fee reduction equivalent to 25% of the tuition fees for the duration of the approved study program by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ).