The University of Tasmania (UTAS) has launched its Support to Study Scholarships for overseas students for the academic year 2022–2023 to demonstrate that money is not a barrier to study.
All international and Australian students may apply for UTAS scholarship programme toward any chosen diploma, bachelor’s, or master’s programme offered at UTAS. The award has a whooping $8,000 worth that the chosen candidates can use for housing and financial assistance.
One of the top public institutions in Australia and a public research university, the University of Tasmania (UTAS) is placed 303rd in the QS Global World Rankings. In order to respond to the opportunities and problems that students confront, UTAS continually seeks to change and adapt.
Why would someone pick to attend the University of Tasmania (UTAS)?
A renowned university all around the world is the University of Tasmania (UTAS). It is renowned for its intense commitment to excellence, integrity, academic freedom, and good stewardship of learning and knowledge. Along with a first-rate student support system, it places a heavy focus on experiential learning to prepare students for their future employment.
More About University of Tasmania (UTAS)
A public research university with its main campus in Tasmania, Australia, is called the University of Tasmania (UTAS). It is Australia’s fourth-oldest university and was established in 1890. One of the university’s residential colleges, Christ College, was modelled after the colleges at Oxford and Cambridge and was established in 1846, making it the oldest tertiary institution in the nation.
It was first proposed in 1840 in Lieutenant-Governor Sir John Franklin’s Legislative Council. The institution is made of sandstone and a part of both the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning and the international Association of Commonwealth Universities.
The university collaborates with 20 specialised research institutes and cooperative research centres, and it provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees in a number of subject areas. The university’s frequent 5 rating rankings for excellence in research given by the Australian Research Council are in large part due to the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies.
At the Australian Maritime College, the country’s hub for maritime education, training, and research, the university also offers tertiary education.
The university was previously listed in the Academic Ranking of World Universities as one of the top 10 research universities in Australia and among the top 2% of universities globally.
UTAS Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania (UTAS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Masters
- Award: $8,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Application Deadline: Applications will not be submitted after 22nd July 2022.
Eligibility For UTAS Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any Diploma, Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree, Bachelor’s degree with Honours, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or master’s of choice offered at the University of Tasmania (UTAS).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be domestic students defined by the University of Tasmania (UTAS).
- The applicants must be international students who studied an Australian Senior Secondary qualification onshore in Australia in the year prior to commencing study at the University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must complete and submit an International Student Application. Scholarship application must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts.
- Personal statement.
- Country-specific academic requirements.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific academic and language requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0.
- TOEFL IBT – 76.
- PTE – 50.
- CAE- Grade C.
- CPE – Grade C.
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C.
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%.
The successfully selected candidates will be provided up to $8,000 per year through financial support or on-campus accommodation by the University of Tasmania (UTAS).