The Outstanding New Students UTHealth Scholarships, Scholarships for the academic year 2022–2023 have been announced by the University of Texas Health Science Center to provide students with possibilities for financial aid so they may concentrate on pursuing an exciting and challenging profession.
Students from all countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship if they plan to enrol in a master’s or doctorate programme at the UTHealth School of Public Health. Both new residents and non-resident students are eligible to apply. The scholarship will be used to pay the chosen program’s tuition.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, a public, academic health science institution in Houston, Texas, was established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents and is situated in the Texas Medical Center, the biggest medical centre in the world.
What makes you want to enrol in classes at the University of Texas Health (UTHealth) Science Center?
UTHealth has made significant progress toward attaining health without boundaries as a community of passionate researchers, educators, students, and advocates.
More About University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHealth)
In Houston, Texas, there is a public academic health science facility called the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). The Board of Regents for the University of Texas System established it in 1972.
The largest medical complex in the world, the Texas Medical Center, is where it is situated. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, UTHealth School of Dentistry, Cizik School of Nursing, UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics, and UTHealth School of Public Health are the six schools that make up the university.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery, and quality in patient care. It was founded in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents.
The UTHealth System’s and the U.S. Gulf Coast region’s most comprehensive academic health facility, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, medicine, nursing, and public health.
The UT Physicians, UT Dentists, and UT Health Services are all part of UTHealth, as is The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center. Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital are the main teaching hospitals for the university. Giuseppe N. Colasurdo, M.D. is the leader of UTHealth.
- University or Organization: University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHealth)
- Department: School of Public Health
- Course Level: Masters or Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 1st December 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Interested students from all overseas countries, including their home country, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: A master or doctoral programme of choice offered at the University of Texas Health Science Center can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be incoming students.
- The applicants must be working towards a degree.
- The applicants must remain enrolled from their time of application through the award term.
- The applicants must maintain good academic standing (C or better in all coursework).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are first required to apply for admission in a programme of their choice via the university’s application portal.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official post-secondary and professional school transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose.
- Students visa.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and must provide scores on standardized tests such as GRE/GMAT/MCAT, which are optional.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 95.
- IELTS – 7.0.
The candidates successfully selected will be awarded this scholarship that will bring the tuition rate down to equal instate tuition for their first year of study for international students and give equal advantage to in-state students.