Utrecht University encourages good research by accepting applications for PhD programs in Human-Computer Interaction from exceptional individuals.
In this PhD thesis, you will design tools, systems, algorithms, and AI techniques to prevent toxic behaviours and harassment in multiplayer games and online contexts.
Utrecht University, located in the heart of the Netherlands, was founded in 1636. It is one of Europe’s best research universities, with a reputation for high-quality, cutting-edge research and teaching. With a total score of 4.3 stars, Shanghai Jiao Tong University is ranked as the world’s 50th best university.
Why should you study at the Utrecht University?
Utrecht University boasts the greatest cultural activities of any Dutch city, second only to Amsterdam. Utrecht University aspired to be the European Capital of Culture in 2018. People frequently claim that it is the finest city in the Netherlands for students because students account for more than 10% of the population.
More About Utrecht University
In Utrecht University, Netherlands, there is a public research university called Utrecht University. It was founded on March 26, 1636, making it one of the country’s first universities. It had 31,801 students enrolled in 2018 and 7,191 instructors and staff members working there. 6,948 scientific articles were published in 2018 along with 525 PhDs being granted. The university’s budget for 2018 was €857 million.
Numerous prominent academics have held positions at Utrecht University, including 12 Nobel Prize winners and 13 Spinoza Prize winners. Numerous reputable worldwide ranking tables have continuously ranked Utrecht University among the top 100 universities in the world. According to the Shanghai Ranking of World Universities 2019, the university is ranked as the top university in the Netherlands, placing 13th in Europe and 49th overall.
“Sol Iustitiae Illustra Nos,” the university’s motto, is Latin for “May the Sun of Righteousness Enlighten Us.” The Latin translation of Malachi 4:2 served as the inspiration for this motto. A modified version of this motto is used by Rutgers University, which has historical ties to Utrecht University.
The University Board, which includes professor dr. Henk Kummeling (Rector Magnificus), professor dr. Anton Pijpers (Chair), and professor mr. Annetje Ottow, governs Utrecht University (Vice Chair).
Through its membership in the Coimbra Group (CG), the League of European Research Universities (LERU), the Utrecht Network, and the European University Association, it maintains close links with other institutions across the globe (EUA).
Utrecht University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: Department of Information and Computing Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €2,541 to €3,247 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is 11 July 2022.
Eligibility For Utrecht University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- a strong background in the design and implementation of interactive systems.
- Previous experience with game development tools (e.g., Unity), machine learning frameworks (e.g., scikit-learn), and conducting user studies and experiments is a plus.
How to Apply For Utrecht University Scholarship
- How to Apply: To apply, aspirants must complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Attach the following:
- your letter of motivation.
- your curriculum vitae (including your MSc course list and a list of your publications, if applicable).
- the contact details of at least two references.
- a portfolio of research, design or development projects is beneficial (e.g., a link to an online portfolio).
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related field (e.g., computer science, Games and Media Technology, information science, artificial intelligence, interaction design, (applied) psychology).
- Language Requirement: Students must have excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
Utrecht University Scholarship Benefits
- a position for five years.
- a full-time gross salary that starts at €2,541 and increases to €3,247 per month (scale P of the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (CAO).
- 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- a pension scheme partially paid parental leave and flexible employment conditions external linked on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.