Scholarships are available from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) for anyone wishing to enrol in the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme.
The bursaries, which are available to residents of Australia and New Zealand, are worth 50% of the tuition. Students must have received an offer of admission to the University of Technology Sydney for an undergraduate degree in order to qualify.
The UTS International Baccalaureate Scholarship was established to attract top-achieving international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma qualification and enrolling in an undergraduate program at University of Technology Sydney. This scholarship provides recipients with a tuition fee waiver for their first year of study at University of Technology Sydney.
More About University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
In Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, there is a public research university called the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). The university was established in its current form in 1988, but having antecedents that are supposed to date back to the year 1830. University of Technology Sydney has 45,221 students enrolled throughout its 9 faculties and schools as of 2021.
The university is considered as one of the top young (less than 50 years old) universities in the world, and according to the 2021 QS World University Rankings Young Universities, it is rated first in Australia and eleventh world.
In addition to being a part of Universities Australia and the Worldwide Universities Network, UTS is a founding member of the Australian Technology Network.
Over 50 research centres and institutions are located at UTS. Health, data science, sustainability, future employment, and industry and societal futures are the core topics of research at UTS.
Major research institutions include the Australian Institute for Microbiology & Infection (AIMI, formerly the i3 Institute), Climate Change Cluster (C3), Institute for Sustainable Future, Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Centre for Autonomous System, Centre for Health Technology, Advanced Analytics Institute, Centre for Forensic Science, Center for Quantum Software and Information Technology, and others.
UTS Scholarship Description
- Organization: University of Technology Sydney
- Department: N/A
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: 50% tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligibility: Students can apply for an undergraduate degree offered at the University of Technology Sydney.
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2022.
To be eligible to apply for the opportunity , an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Commence full-time studies on campus (Sydney). On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning applicable to all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.; and
- Must be completing or have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma no longer than 1 year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- Meet the UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course; and
- Must obtain an aggregate score including bonus and penalty points of 28 or above in their International Baccalaureate (IB) final grades, or 33 or above in their International Baccalaureate predicted grades at the point the scholarship decision is made; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; and
- be studying a UTS online degree or distance mode degree; or
- be a government-sponsored student; or
- be a recipient of another UTS funding for the duration of this Scholarship.
On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning applicable to all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.
How to Apply
To apply for the Academic Merit Scholarship, applicants must submit:
- A complete application form
- An official transcript of their final International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results or predicted results
- A personal statement detailing their commitment to utilizing their UTS degree to make a positive contribution to their home society/country
- A CV detailing their personal experience and achievement to date, including but not limited to examples of community service, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
Applications will be assessed by a Scholarship Selection Committee and successful applicants will be notified in writing. The studentships are awarded for the duration of the applicants degree at UTS, subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress.