Wisconsin–Milwaukee University (UWM), USA. All international students are encouraged to apply for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) undergraduate international scholarships.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) undergraduate international scholarships funding for their studies in the United States. For the academic year 2022-2023, applications are now being accepted.
International undergraduate students who have just been admitted are the only ones eligible to apply. The applicants will be chosen for this $5,000 scholarship award based on their academic merit. The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM) will distribute this scholarship on a monthly basis, and it is renewable for up to 4 years of study.
In Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM), there is a public urban research institution called the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM). The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM), which is the biggest university in the Milwaukee metropolitan region and a part of the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM) System, is ranked 299–391st among National Universities.
Why did you decide to attend the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM) to study?
A major urban doctoral institution, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM) is to create and maintain high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programmes. It envisions itself as a premier research institution that leads the way in fostering sustainable prosperity while also being the ideal location for students, faculty, and staff to learn and work.
More About University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM)
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, there is a public research institution called the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM). It belongs to the University of Wisconsin System and is the biggest university in the Milwaukee metropolitan area. Additionally, it is the second-largest institution in Wisconsin and one of the two public universities that give PhD degrees.
The university has 14 schools and colleges, including the first graduate school of freshwater science in the United States, the first dedicated public health school in Wisconsin to be certified by CEPH, and the sole school of architecture in the entire state. The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) had 27,156 students enrolled as of the 2015–2016 academic year, 1,604 faculty members, and 191 degree programmes, including 94 bachelor’s, 64 master’s, and 33 doctoral degrees.
The institution falls under the category of “Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity.” The institution spent $55 million on research in 2018.
The Panthers are the name of the university’s athletic teams. In NCAA Division I, there are 15 Panther athletic teams in total. The Panthers have won the James J. McCafferty Trophy seven times since 2000 as the Horizon League’s all-sports champions. As of 2016, they had won 133 Horizon League championships and made 40 appearances in the NCAA tournament.
UWM Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Students must submit their applications by 1st October 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes offered at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (UWM) can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicant must be a newly admitted international undergraduate student.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must submit the UMW international student application. All admitted international students also fill out the scholarship application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit academic transcripts and a copy of their passport along with their online application and English proficiency proof.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the bachelor’s application requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79 or higher
- TOEFL PBT – 548 or higher
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 120 or higher
- PTE – 56 or higher
The successfully selected students will be provided up to $5,000 per academic year, i.e. $2,500 per semester, which will be renewable each year for a maximum of four years total.