Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) undergraduate Scholarships. Scholarships help to mitigate the effects of growing tuition costs.
The International Undergraduate Scholarship for talented students is offered by the Waterford Institute of Technology in order to assist students. Non-EU applicants who wish to study undergraduate degree courses at an Irish university are eligible for the prize.
The Waterford Institute of Technology was founded in 1970 as a Regional Technical College. It is a publicly funded and openly accessible higher education institution in Waterford, Ireland.
What are the benefits of studying at the Waterford Institute of Technology? The university is dedicated to providing its students with a caring and supportive learning environment. They serve students in today’s competitive environment by providing career-related services, tools, and counselling.
More About Waterford Institute of Technology
Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) was a state-funded, large-scale, open-access third-level educational institution in Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland. There are six schools in the institute, with programmes in business, engineering, science, health sciences, education, and humanities.
The Waterford Institute of Technology began as a Regional Technical College in 1970 and changed its name to its current name on May 7, 1997. Prof. Willie Donnelly is the current president of Waterford Institute of Technology. In May 2022, it will join the Technological University for the South East as a founding constituent institute.
Webometrics ranked Waterford Institute of Technology as Ireland’s 7th top higher education institution in 2018. Unirank has ranked the institute as the leading Irish institute of technology in 10th place.
The Waterford Regional Technical College was established in 1970. The regional technical college flourished swiftly after its founding, owing to a clear regional need for postsecondary education. By order of Minister for Education Niamh Bhreathnach in 1997, the college took on its current name, with Dublin Institute of Technology being Ireland’s only other “institute of technology” at the time.
Following a change of government and significant political pressure on behalf of other regional technical colleges, particularly Cork Regional Technical College, Minister for Education Micheál Martin renamed all other regional technical institutions identically.
According to the Universities Act of 1997, the institute formerly petitioned for university status in 2006, and the process of reviewing the case for redesignation has begun. The government hired Dr. Jim Port in January 2007 to do a “preliminary examination” of the institute’s case.
Waterford IT spent €6,642 on sexual harassment cases in December 2020, and paid out €10,000 after one employee was targeted in many incidences over a five-month period, according to a Freedom of Information request.
Waterford Institute Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Waterford Institute of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Advanced entry
- Award: Reduction of 20% in tuition fees
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Application Deadline: Please submit your application no later than 31 May.
Eligibility For Waterford Institute Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from non-EU countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Pursuing an undergraduate degree or advanced entry in any subject area offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: These Waterford Institute of Technology undergraduate scholarships are open to all self-funding non-EU students for full-time programmes only who are applying for first-year or advanced entry admission at the university.
- Candidates must have to demonstrate an exceptional level of achievement in their academic performance.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being considered for the award, students are required to enrol in the bachelor’s degree program or advanced entry at the university. After taking confirmation, you are eligible to apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates have to submit the scanned copies of your CV, transcripts and copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- Students must have a High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least four other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Language Requirement: Students must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent is required (with a minimum of 6.0 in each band).
The Waterford Institute of Technology will cover the 20% reduction in tuition fees for the students.