The Yunnan University Scholarships for International Students will be given out by Yunnan University (YNU) in China for the academic year 2022–2023 in an effort to recognize excellent foreign students and their academic accomplishments.
This scholarship grant is open to all overseas students enrolled in Yunnan University’s basic academic programme in their second year or above. The scholarship has a maximum value of 4,000 Yuan and is available for undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate programmes.
China’s Yunnan Province is home to YNU, a National Key University that was established in December 1922 and opened its doors to students in April 1923. In the Asian University Rankings 2022, Yunnan University is ranked #451–500, making it one of the best public institutions in Kunming, China (Mainland).
Why did you decide to attend Yunnan University?
The Yunnan University, with its almost century-long tradition and literary legacy, provides a suitable academic environment and a solid ideological basis in the humanities and social sciences. It aspires to become a renowned regional first-class university, ranking among the finest in China.
More About Yunnan University
China’s Yunnan Province is home to Yunnan University (YNU), a National Key University. Its major campuses are situated in Kunming, the province capital.
Yunnan University was established in December 1922, and classes began there in April 1923. Its name has changed six times since it was founded as a privately owned college named the “University of the Eastern Land.”
Currently, Yunnan University is one of China’s Double First Class Universities and a former “Project 211” university that has been given special permission to expand by the national government. On the list of important national universities under the “China Western Development” programme is also Yunnan University.
Professor Hou Xianguang, who received the first class of the State Natural Science Award in 2003, discovered and researched the Maotianshan Shales in early Cambrian rock, giving YNU a reputation around the globe. Yunnan University was regarded as the best university in the province of Yunnan and among the top 100 universities in China as of 2022.
Now a National Key University, Yunnan University offers courses in the liberal arts, law, science, technology, economics, and management that are covered by extensive curriculum and taught by a sizable faculty of academic experts.
There are currently 19,872 students enrolled at Yunnan University, of which 9,919 are full-time undergraduates, 2,853 are postgraduates (94 are pursuing doctorates, 684 are pursuing master’s degrees, 1,842 are pursuing advanced postgraduate courses, 170 are pursuing degrees in specialist law programmes, and 63 are pursuing degrees in advanced classes for teaching), and 7,100 are enrolled in correspondence and night classes.
- University or Organization: Yunnan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral
- Award: 4,000 Yuan
- Number of Awards: 40
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China.
- Application Deadline: Applications are being accepted. However, applicants are highly recommended to check and apply according to program-specific application deadlines, if any.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to undertake any desired undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral programme offered at Yunnan University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must comply with Chinese laws and the regulations of Yunnan University.
- The applicants must have excellent grades with their Chinese proficiency, meeting the basic requirements of their major.
- The applicants should actively participate in academic lectures, social events, and public welfare activities.
- The applicants must pay tuition and accommodation fees on time.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission via the university’s online application portal. All eligible students will be considered accordingly.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application form.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or the equivalent, transcripts.
- Secondary high school diploma or the equivalent, transcripts.
- Master’s degree certificate or the equivalent, transcripts.
- Two Recommendation letters.
- Study or research plan.
- Bank remittance receipt for the registration fee.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must submit all required documents in either Chinese or English. Scanned copies are also accepted.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have HSK 4 over 210 for economics and management and HSK 4 over 195 for science.
Yunnan University will award the selected candidates in the following manner:
- 2,000 Yuan/person for undergraduates
- 3,000 Yuan/person for master’s students
- 4,000 Yuan/person for doctoral students