Apply for the Sports Scholarships granted by the DISTED College for the academic year 2022-2023 to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to succeed and acquire knowledge that will help you reach your career goals.
With the award of this scholarship, diploma-level programmes may be funded. This scholarship is open to all Malaysian citizens who have completed any diploma programme at the DISTED College. The money awarded will cover the entire cost of the chosen program’s tuition.
Private college DISTED College, located in George Town, the state capital of Penang, Malaysia, is ranked 105th nationally among national colleges. Its goal is to support and encourage students to pursue academic excellence so that graduates will have the necessary knowledge, abilities, and positive traits to serve the community and industry.
Why did you decide to attend DISTED College?
One of the top private colleges in Penang, Malaysia, is DISTED College. It is dedicated to giving young students the education and training they need to meet the demands of industry and the community, and it thrives on the trust of the locals as well as the advantages of its well crafted programmes, carefully chosen faculty, and student-care procedures.
More About DISTED College
Private college DISTED College is located in George Town, the state capital of Penang, Malaysia. It was founded in 1987 and is the first private university in Penang. A variety of pre-university, certificate, and degree programmes are offered by the college, some of which are twinning with universities abroad.
On Macalister Road, not far from the centre of George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the DISTED College Heritage campus. Wawasan Open University owns all of the college.
Three educationists, Gajaraj Dhanarajan, Hulman Sinaga, and Sharom Ahmat, came up with the idea for DISTED College and established DISTED Services Sdn Bhd, a private limited corporation, in 1985. The word DISTED College stands for distance education, which fit the trio’s original goal of giving adults a different path to tertiary education because it was believed that, in comparison to high school graduates, adults had less opportunities to pursue higher education.
The group quickly had to change their course to appeal to the youth, nevertheless, because of the exorbitant expenditures of tertiary education abroad. By 1987, agreements had been made for the provision of off-campus courses to Penangites with the British Columbia Open University, TAFE South Australia, Murdoch University, and the Warrnambool Institute of Advanced Education. DISTED College registered with Malaysia’s Ministry of Higher Education that same year.
In 1988, DISTED College enrolled its first group of pupils. It had been located inside a bungalow on George Town’s Hargreaves Road at the time. Due to a lack of space, the college was compelled to move first to RECSAM in the Gelugor area and later to the St. Joseph’s Novitiate on Kelawei Road.
In 1995, DISTED College ultimately relocated to its current location at Macalister Road, taking over a mansion that had once belonged to a well-known industrialist named Yeap Chor Ee. In 1997, the campus was enlarged. In 2012, Wawasan Open University fully purchased the interests of DISTED College.
DISTED College Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: DISTED College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Diploma
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Application Deadline: The application process is open. International students are suggested to apply at least three months before the designated intake.
- Eligible Countries: Malaysian national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a diploma programme offered at the DISTED College.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new applicants for Diploma Student enrolling for the 2022 intake.
- The applicants must be National Athletes representing Malaysia for the last two years.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must fill out the admission application form. Interested students must submit a separate scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Bachelor degree transcripts
- Copy of passport
- Passport-sized photos
- High school graduation certificate
- Other course-specific documents
- Admission Requirements: Students must check the university’s requirements for international students.
- Language Requirement: The students are requested to meet the English language proficiency requirements of the college.
A scholarship covering a 100% tuition fee of the undertaken degree programme by the selected students at the DISTED College will be awarded.