The Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP) at Columbia University has established international scholarships for the academic year 2023 with the goals of lowering financial barriers, increasing equity and access to education, and producing students of the highest quality.
These merit-based scholarships to get into the GSAPP are open to all qualified undergraduates from anywhere in the world. A direct tuition award will be given to the winners and deposited into their student accounts at the conclusion of each term’s change of program period (the second week of each semester). Applicants’ admissions applications will be used to choose winners.
Those interested in studying architecture, urban planning, and preservation in New York can do so at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP). The school comes up with new ways to teach, do research, and work with the built environment to solve the most important problems of our time.
The Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP) wants to rethink what architecture and urbanism do in a research institution. It does this by imagining new forms of practice as research and new research practices. The goal of the university’s School of the Built Environment is to solve important problems in the field and encourage research and new ideas that come from different fields.
- University or Organization: Columbia University
- Department: Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP)
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: The application pathway is open and rolling basis. However, course-specific application deadlines will apply and must be observed.
Follow the eligibility steps for GSAPP International Scholarships at Columbia University:
- All domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Students can apply for any preferred degree program offered at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation (GSAPP) of Columbia University.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time program.
- The applicants must have good academic standing.
How to Apply?
Follow these steps to apply for GSAPP International Scholarships at Columbia University:
- Students must first apply for admission via the university application portal. All students eligible for the opportunity will be considered on the basis of their admission applications.
- The students are required to submit letters of recommendation and transcripts.
- The applicants must check and fulfill the admission requirements of the school.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 100 (IBT)
- TOEFL – 600 (PBT)
- IELTS – 7.5
The Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP) at Columbia University will give admission scholarships to those who are chosen to help pay for the cost of tuition for the program they choose to take.
Columbia University FAQs
What GPA is required for admission at Columbia University?
Students enrolling at the traditional campus are expected to have the following high school GPA: 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
Is admission to Columbia particularly competitive?
Admission to Columbia is extremely competitive. Columbia has a relatively low admission rate compared to other prestigious universities; in 2021, it was 3.9%, matching Stanford’s. The Early Decision acceptance percentage at Columbia was 10.3 percent. Columbia University received 6,305 Early Decision applications.
Is Columbia University best rank in the world?
US News & World Report ranks Columbia University at #6. When compared to other top colleges around the world, Times Higher Education (THE) ranks Columbia University at #11 in 2022. As of the year 2023, Columbia University is ranked #22 worldwide by QS World University Rankings.