James Cook University (JCU) has launched the Vice Chancellor’s Overseas Student Scholarships for the academic year 2022–2023 in order to improve support so that international students can begin their student lives in Australia.
International students may apply for this grant, which offers up to $40,000 per year for the minimum course length at James Cook University. Only international students enrolled in qualifying programmes with a weighted average mark (WAM) of 85% or better are eligible to apply for this grant.
In North Queensland, Australia, there is a public institution called James Cook University. JCU is a teaching and research university and is the second-oldest in Queensland. Six Colleges are under the academic division’s supervision, along with service divisions for research, instruction, services and resources, and chancellery operations. According to the Times Higher Education, JCU is the 29th-best university in the world for students 50 years of age or younger.
Why attend James Cook University to study?
JCU is a top university in Australia and the best university in Queensland for eliminating inequality*. Study in a setting that combines top-notch facilities, breathtaking natural scenery, and an active student life. JCU) is a top-tier institution that consistently appears in the top 300 universities in the globe. For its accomplishments in teaching, employability, research, and facilities, it has most recently received the renowned QS 5 Stars ranking in 2021.
More About James Cook University
In North Queensland, Australia, there is a public institution called James Cook University (JCU). JCU is a teaching and research university and is the second-oldest in Queensland. The main campuses of the institution are situated in Singapore as well as the tropical cities of Cairns and Townsville. Additionally, JCU offers study centres in Thursday Island, Mount Isa, Mackay, and Rockhampton.
International and domestic students can take undergraduate and graduate courses at a Russo Higher Education facility in Brisbane. Environmental sciences, biological sciences, mathematical sciences, earth sciences, agricultural and veterinary sciences, technology, and medical and health sciences make up the majority of the university’s research areas.
17,001 students attended JCU in 2021, including 4,289 from other countries.
The university’s newly established School of Medicine welcomed its first medical students in 2001. In 2006, the university established its first undergraduate veterinary degree, and the Bachelor of Dental Surgery programme started in 2009.
Today, the university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of scientific fields, including environmental science, marine biology, and the arts, humanities, and social work. It also offers degrees in business, law, and government, creative media, education, engineering, and planning, as well as degrees in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary science. Online learning is prevalent.
James Cook University joined Innovative Research Universities Australia in 2007. A network of seven comprehensive universities known as Innovative Research Universities (IRU) is dedicated to performing nationally and internationally renowned research.
- University or Organization: James Cook University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Award: Up to $40,000
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 18 July 2022, 5 pm AEST.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must hold a visa that permits study before commencing.
- Must hold an offer for a full-time, internal program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 6.0 GPA (full fee waiver) or a 5.5 GPA (partial fee waiver).
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other JCU grant, scholarship, or allowance.
- The scholarship provides a fee reduction only – no cash payments or reimbursements are permitted.
- Scholarships are allocated at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- International students enrolled in eligible programs with a weighted average mark (WAM) of 85% or higher.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission via the university portal. Applicants eligible to apply for the scholarship are automatically assessed during the admissions process, and eligible candidates will receive an invitation to apply for the Scholarship from the JCU International Admissions team.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must maintain a 6.0 GPA (full fee waiver) or a 5.5 GPA (partial fee waiver).
- Language Requirement: If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate your English language proficiency by undertaking an English language test score requirements and tests accepted.
The JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship (full fee waiver) provides up to a 100% fee waiver to a maximum of $40,000 per year for the minimum course duration.
The JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship (partial fee waiver) provides a 50% partial fee waiver to a maximum of $20,000 per year for the minimum course duration.