The Foundation Office Zimbabwe (KAS) is pleased to publish the Call for Scholarship Applications 2022 to extend an invitation to bright young scholars to participate in its alumni network and scholarship programme for the academic year 2022–2023.
Students enrolled in bachelor’s scholarship programmes in law, journalism, public management, political science, international relations, conflict studies, peacebuilding, ethics, and history in Zimbabwean universities are the programme’s targeted audience. To be eligible for this full coverage scholarship, applicants must be high-achieving and performing students.
A political foundation affiliated with the German Christian Democratic Union is called Foundation Office Zimbabwe (KAS) (CDU). It is devoted to making sure that individuals may live freely in freedom and dignity and contributes in a values-based way to Germany fulfilling its expanding responsibilities in the international community.
The Foundation Office Zimbabwe (KAS) aspires to inspire individuals to participate in this way in shaping the future. By promoting the ongoing discussion of foreign and security policy as well as the exchange of ideas between other cultures and religions, it independently contributes to the promotion of democracy, the rule of law, and the social market economy while also preserving peace and freedom.
More About Foundation Office Zimbabwe (KAS)
The Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) work is guided by the principles of freedom, justice, and solidarity (KAS). Associated with the German Christian Democratic Union politically is the KAS (CDU). Konrad Adenauer (1876-1967), the first German chancellor and a co-founder of the CDU, merged Christian-social, conservative, and liberal traditions.
His name is synonymous with the democratisation of Germany, the foundation of transatlantic principles in foreign policy, the idea of the unification of Europe, and the focus on the social market economy. For us, upholding his spiritual legacy is a work and a responsibility.
KAS Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Foundation Office Zimbabwe (KAS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Award: Tuition fee and Other Benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Zimbabwe.
- Application Deadline: Applications will close on 31st July 2022.
Eligibility For KAS Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a bachelor’s programme in the fields of Law, Media/Journalism, Public Management, Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Peace Building, Ethics and History at Zimbabwe University. The applicant must be at least in their second year of bachelor’s studies.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must prove above-average academic performance.
- The applicants must be actively engaged in voluntary work.
- The applicants must possess a broad general education and a distinct interest in political issues.
- The applicants must have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights.
- The applicants must be open to developing their personal points of view and practice tolerance.
- The applicants must be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
How to Apply For KAS Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission in the Zimbabwean University of their choice. To apply for the scholarship programme students must submit all necessary supporting documents via mail to email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application form.
- Cover letter.
- Meaningful CV.
- An informal academic or employment/volunteer letter of recommendation.
- Copy of latest transcript.
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the entry and academic requirements of their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to check and meet the language requirements of their chosen university.
The winning candidates selected by the Foundation Office Zimbabwe will be provided full tuition and examination fees for the standard duration of study from their admittance into the program onwards, accommodation costs on-campus or a contribution to off-campus accommodation and a semester stipend for internet, books and transportation costs.