The Hyundai Motor Chung Mong-Koo Foundation Scholarships are being made available to international students by the KDI School of Public Policy and Management for the 2022–2023 academic year.
The Hyundai Motor Chung Mong-Koo Foundation is the sponsor and funder of this scholarship, which is provided through the KDI School of Public Policy and Management. With the help of this grant, students can pursue any desired masters or PhD degree and cover the associated tuition costs. You must be a citizen of an ASEAN member state to apply.
In Sejong City, South Korea, there is a graduate institution run by the government called the KDI School of Public Policy and Management. It belongs to the National Research Council for Economics, Humanities, and Social Sciences and has relations to the Korea Development Institute. KDI School is the eighth-best affiliated think tank in the world and the sixth-best think tank overall in Asia. It ranks 22nd globally.
International students are drawn to KDI School’s extensive and exciting educational offerings. It is home to international academics from the top universities on earth. KDI provides its students with a variety of educational possibilities.
More About KDI School of Public Policy and Management
The Korea Development Institute School of Public Policy and Management (KDI School), a government-run graduate institution in Sejong City, South Korea, is a member of the National Research Council for Economics, Humanities, and Social Sciences and is connected to the KDI.
Before shifting to Sejong City in 2015 as part of the South Korean government’s efforts to make that city the de facto administrative capital of the nation, the institution was first founded in 1997 in Seoul Dongdaemun District. The school specialises in producing international leaders in public policy and development economics.
Highly exclusive, the institution only accepts a small number of Korean and foreign students for its Master’s and Doctoral programmes, which are taught in a research setting akin to an institute.
The KDI School of Public Policy and Management provides a Ph.D. programme in addition to master’s degree options. The curriculum of the schools draws on the KDI’s amassed resources and aims to meet the varied and professional demands of the international economy.
- Public Policy Master’s (MPP)
- Development Policy Master’s (MDP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPM)
- Doctoral programme
- Programs for Non-Degree Certificates
Both full-time and part-time courses are offered in the master’s programmes. By the conclusion of the first year, full-time students are capable of finishing their coursework, and they often spend the second year working on their research component. In 18 months, full-time students can complete their degrees.
Part-time programmes run on a flexible schedule that alternates between evening and weekend classes. Part-time students may complete their degrees in two years while continuing to work. The MDP and MPP programmes provide both full-time and part-time courses. English is the language used in every class.
KDI School Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: KDI School of Public Policy and Management
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master / PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Korea.
- Application Deadline: The application process at KDI is ongoing. However, students must cross-check programme specific deadlines, if any, and individual scholarship application deadlines as well.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Lao PDR can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master or PhD study programmes offered at the KDI School can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be government officials from any of the eight ASEAN member countries, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Lao PDR.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete their admission application on the online application portal of the school. For scholarship application details, students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Undergraduate Academic Transcript with official Grading System document.
- Undergraduate Degree Diploma.
- Graduate Academic Transcript with official Grading System document.
- Graduate Degree Diploma.
- Two Recommendation letters.
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test or Medium of Instruction.
- Employment verification (required for government officials).
- Dissertation Research Proposal.
- Video Essay.
- Two photos or Photo uploaded on the online application.
- Copy of passport.
- Employment verification.
- Research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT
- TOEFL PBT
- TOEFL ITP
- TOEIC – S
- NEW TEPS
- TEPS – S
- I – TEPS
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge English Exams
KDI School of Public Policy and Management will award the selected students this scholarship that will cover the cost of studies of master’s programme for up to 3 semesters (about 1 year) and PhD programme for at least 3 years.