LJMU Postdoctoral Fellowships, An outstanding PDRA with knowledge of structure health monitoring is needed by the Liverpool Logistics Offshore and Marine Research Institute (LOOM) at Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU). Applications are now being accepted for the 2022–2023 academic year.
The best applicants for this research fellow job at LJMU have a solid grasp of the structural dynamics of floating systems and project management. The candidates that were chosen for this role anticipate receiving a salary of £34,308.
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU), a public research university in the city of Liverpool, England, can trace its roots back to the Liverpool Mechanics’ School of Arts, which opened its doors in 1823. It is now ranked 401st in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Why do you want to attend Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) to study?
The Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) is a student-run institution that values exclusivity, independence, pride, and accomplishment. Through the sharing and sustaining of excellent academic practice, the university ensures that students have a direct influence on their lives from the education they are getting and that they achieve in their course and future lives.
More About Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU)
In the English city of Liverpool, there is a public research university called Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU). The Liverpool Mechanics School of Arts, founded in 1823, served as the university’s first academic home. Later, this was combined to become Liverpool Polytechnic.
The Liverpool Polytechnic changed its name to Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) in 1992 as a result of a Parliamentary Act. It bears Sir John Moores name, a local entrepreneur and philanthropist who gave money to the university’s forerunner organisations.
The institution, which is the 30th largest university in the UK based on total student population, has 25,050 students in 2019–20, of whom 20,105 are undergraduate students and 4,945 are postgraduate students.
It belongs to the Northern Consortium, the University Alliance, and the European University Association.
Sports and exercise sciences teaching and research at LJMU are well regarded. LJMU received £4.5 million from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) over five years to build a Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
The LJMU record in physical education, dance, sport, and exercise sciences is recognised by the CETL award. The only university in the UK to receive an Ousted Grade A in physical education is LJMU, which is also the top centre for both research and teaching in the field of sport and exercise sciences.
- University or Organization: Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: £34,308
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Application Deadline: The last date to apply is 13th September 2022.
- Eligible Countries: British nationals and overseas students are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a research degree programme offered at the Liverpool Logistics Offshore and Marine Research Institute (LOOM) at Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have expertise in numerical modeling.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must submit a Research Enquiry Form and complete their online application form. Students must log in here to apply for the fellow position.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- details of your qualifications.
- details of your work experience.
- details of academic referees.
- a personal statement.
- your research proposal.
- passport copy (international students only).
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have the academic qualification required by the university to get admitted to their desired PhD programme at LJMU.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 78
- PTE Academic UKVI – 61
- Pearson Versant English Placement Test – 55
- CAE – Grade C or 169
- CPE – Grade C
The applicants selected will be offered this position on a fixed-term contract for eight months with a maximum of £34,308 per annum by the Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU).