The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is aware that paying for college might be challenging for students from other countries. To assist them with budgeting, it created the Fleur-de-Lis International Scholarships. Applications are now being accepted for the 2022–2023 academic year.
Freshman foreign college students who wish to enroll in an undergraduate programme may submit an application for this award. To be eligible, candidates must have an overall GPA of 2.50 or higher and an ACT composite score of 20 or higher, or a SAT score of 1030 or higher. The reward is $6,864 each semester for a maximum of eight semesters.
Public research university University of Louisiana at Lafayette is ranked #299-391 among National Universities and is located in Lafayette, Louisiana. It offers a top-notch education influenced by many points of view rooted in custom, tradition, and culture.
Why would someone decide to attend the University of Louisiana at Lafayette?
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette produces thought-provoking and creative individuals who advance knowledge, foster aesthetic sensitivity, and enhance the quality of life. By 2020, the university hopes to improve its position and reputation on a national and worldwide level by ranking in the top 25% of similar institutions.
More About The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
In Lafayette, Louisiana, there is a public research institution known as the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL, or UL). It is second only to Louisiana State University in terms of enrollment in Louisiana and has the highest enrollment among the nine campuses of the University of Louisiana System. It is listed as belonging to the category “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity.”
The institution, which was first established in 1898 as an industrial school, evolved into a four-year university over the twentieth century and adopted its current name in 1999. It provides the sole industrial design degree, informatics master’s degree, and PhD in francophone studies in Louisiana.
In the fields of engineering, architecture, and computer science, the institution has accomplished several milestones. A unique College of the Arts is also located there.
As a member of the Southeastern Universities Research Association, the university is categorized as one of the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institutions. A record-breaking $164 million was recorded by the university in 2020, surpassing the $144 million posted the year before.
This number marks an astounding 165 percent growth in R&D investment at UL over the preceding seven years. UL was ranked in the top 23% of the 647 research universities in 2019; the most recent rankings are not yet available. The achievement of Carnegie Classification Research 1 status is a declared goal of UL’s Strategic Plan, and crossing the $100 million mark is a significant step in that regard.
According to a 2010 study by The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government, the institution receives more research funding than all of the other ULS schools put together and is ranked among the top 100 public research universities in the country.
It was the first university in Louisiana to be recognized as an NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center in 2012. The only NSF Center in the US with an emphasis on data science, big data analytics, and visual analytics is the Center for Visual and Decision Informatics.
- University or Organization: The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $6,864
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Applications will close on 16th December 2022 for spring intake.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any undergraduate program of choice taught at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a 2.50+ cumulative GPA.
- The applicants must have an ACT composite of 20+ or SAT 1030+.
- The applicants must be regularly admitted to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must first apply for admission via the university portal. All eligible applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official or certified true copies of all secondary academic records
- Academic transcripts
- Bank statement verifying financial support
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must complete a recognized secondary program comparable to U.S. high school graduation.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 100
- ACT English – 18
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing – 500
- Accuplacer Writing – 250
The winning international students will be awarded $6,864 each semester for up to 8 semesters towards their undergraduate studies by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.