Mark James Studentships at Birkbeck, Do you want to get experience working in various labs and research settings?
Then, for the academic year 2022-2023, apply for the Mark James Studentships at Birkbeck, University of London. This Mark James studentship can be used to pursue a PhD in Geography, Environment, and Development Studies at Birkbeck, University of London. Students possessing an undergraduate or master’s degree in a relevant field will be considered. The Mark James scholarship will pay the costs of study.
Mark James Studentship at Birkbeck, University of London, is a constituent college of the federal University of London, and is a public research university in Bloomsbury, London, England. In the list of Best Global Universities, Birkbeck University London is ranked 886th.
Why should you study at the University of London’s Birkbeck? Birkbeck is a world-class research university with a thriving, intellectually stimulating research culture. Birkbeck students gain from research-based instruction.
More About Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, University of London (formerly Birkbeck College, University of London) is a member of the federal University of London and is located in Bloomsbury, London, England. Birkbeck University was founded in 1823 as the London Mechanics’ Institute by Sir George Birkbeck and his allies, Jeremy Bentham, J. C. Hobhouse, and Henry Brougham. It is one of the few universities in the United Kingdom that specialises in evening higher education.
The main Birkbeck building is located in Bloomsbury, in the London Borough of Camden, in Central London. Birkbeck University provides approximately 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that can be taken part-time or full-time, with practically all lectures taking place in the evening. Birkbeck’s academic activities are separated into five faculties, each of which is divided into nineteen departments.
As part of the University of London, Birkbeck adheres to the same academic standards as the rest of the university and awards University of London degrees. Birkbeck has its own independent degree awarding rights, which were approved by the Privy Council in July 2012, just like the other University of London colleges. Following institutional assessments in 2005 and 2010, the UK Quality Assurance Agency affirmed the quality of degrees awarded by Birkbeck.
Birkbeck is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the European University Association, among others. The Screen Studies Group in London is also a member of the university. The Queen’s Anniversary Prize for brain research was given to the university’s Centre for Brain Function and Development in 2005.
Five Nobel Laureates, prominent political figures, members of the United Kingdom Parliament, and a British Prime Minister are among Birkbeck’s alumni.
Mark James Studentship Description
- University or Organization: Birkbeck, University of London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Deadline: Open.
Eligibility For Mark James Studentship
- Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities, home or foreign, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake the Geography, Environment and Development Studies programme at the Birkbeck, University of London.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible Mark James Studentship, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants with experience in the field- and laboratory work will be an advantage.
How to Apply For Mark James Studentship
- How to Apply: Students can apply for the desired Mark James PhD programme. All applicants that are eligible will be considered for the Mark James studentship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A recent CV.
- Transcripts of relevant studies.
- A sample of writing such as your MA dissertation or similar.
- A supporting statement. In the case of a Mark James scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants have an undergraduate or master’s degree in Quaternary Geology, Geography, Biology, or another relevant discipline at merit or distinction level (with a minimum grade of 65% for their dissertation).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
Mark James PhD Studentship at Birkbeck, University of London, will offer the selected candidates a studentship towards their applied PhD study costs.