The Mitchell Center Undergraduate Research Grants are available to highly motivated students who wish to study in the United States during the school year 2023-2024.
All full-time Mitchell Center undergraduate Scholarship students enrolled in any school who intend to conduct research on any aspect of democracy, its practise or theory, or related subjects of citizenship and constitutional government, are eligible to apply.
The University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League research university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, that was founded in 1740 as the College of Philadelphia. There are four undergraduate schools and twelve graduate and professional schools on campus. It is the country’s fourth-oldest college.
What makes the University of Pennsylvania such a great place to study?
Penn has it all a conventional campus and a dynamic city, a location rich in history but focused on innovation, and the Quad, which is a significant personal pull. At Penn GSE, students and faculty benefit from an Ivy League atmosphere that fosters practical knowledge development and high-quality research. Our exceptional teachers are leaders in their professions, and their graduates are recognised as some of the world’s most prominent educational leaders.
More About University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is home to the University of Pennsylvania, a private Ivy League research university. The University of Pennsylvania, founded in 1740 as the College of Philadelphia, is one of nine colonial colleges incorporated prior to the United States Declaration of Independence.
Penn’s founder and first president, Benjamin Franklin, campaigned for an educational programme that prepared leaders in business, government, and public service, similar to a modern liberal arts curriculum with a practical focus. Penn is considered one of the world’s best colleges.
Penn comprises four undergraduate schools, twelve graduate and professional schools, and four undergraduate colleges. The College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Wharton School, and the School of Nursing are among the colleges that accept undergraduate students. Students can take coursework at any of Penn’s twelve colleges thanks to the university’s “One University Policy.”
A law school whose first professor drafted the United States Constitution, the first school of medicine in North America in 1765, and the first collegiate business school are among the university’s highly ranked graduate and professional schools.
Penn also has the first “student union” building and organisation, the first Catholic student club in North America, the first double-decker collegiate football stadium, and the Morris Arboretum, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s official arboretum.
The university had a $20.5 billion endowment as of June 30, 2021, with a $1.02 billion research budget in 2019. As a member of the NCAA Division I Ivy League conference, the university’s athletics programme, the Quakers, field varsity teams in 33 sports.
Three US Supreme Court justices, 32 US senators, 163 US House of Representatives members, 12 US Cabinet Secretaries, 46 US governors, eight signers of the Declaration of Independence and seven signers of the US Constitution, 24 Continental Congress members, nine foreign heads of state, ambassadors to 51 countries, and two US presidents are among the distinguished alumni and trustees as of 2018.
As of October 2019, the university had 36 Nobel laureates, 80 members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 64 living alumni billionaires, 21 Marshall Scholars, 33 Rhodes Scholars, 16 Pulitzer Prize winners, alumni who had won 20 Tony Awards, 16 Grammy Awards, 11 Emmy Awards, and 4 Academy Awards (Oscars), an EGOT recipient, 43 Olympic medal winners, and five United States Medal of Honor recipients.
Mitchell Center Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Pennsylvania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award: $2500
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until March 15, 2023.
Eligibility For Mitchell Center Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Mitchell Center Undergraduate research in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for Mitchell Center Scholarship, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The applicants must have strong academic performance.
How to Apply For Mitchell Center Scholarship
- How to Apply: For Mitchell Center Scholarship, Applications should be made via the CURF website, where you will be asked to submit the documents in separate PDFs.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a research statement, a preliminary budget of their research expenses., official transcript, CV, or resume.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Applicants who are non-native English speakers may also be required to report scores from the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL), Pearson’s PTE Academic, or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Mitchell Center Scholarship Benefits
The Mitchell Center Scholarship at University of Pennsylvania will provide an award of up to $2500 to successful students.