The President’s International Scholarships programme at Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) in the United States is accepting applications from outstanding candidates.
The SVSU programme intends to attract international students who want to study at SVSU for an undergraduate or graduate degree. It is a highly competitive scholarship given to students who have excelled academically.
Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) will be known for its innovative teaching, hands-on learning, and cutting-edge facilities, and will be the top choice for people seeking personal and professional success. With about 8,500 students on its main campus in University Center, SVSU offers over 100 undergraduate and graduate academic programmes.
Why should you attend Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) to further your education? SVSU offers high-quality academic programmes that result in student achievement, increased retention, and stable enrolment. The university prioritises instructional innovation that is relevant to students’ studies.
More About Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU)
Institution Center, Michigan’s Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) is a public university. Saginaw Valley College was established in 1963. It is situated on 748 acres (303 hectares) in Kochville Township, Saginaw County, about 5.5 miles (8.9 kilometres) north of downtown Saginaw.
It is the newest of Michigan’s 15 public universities and colleges. With about 8,500 students on its main campus in University Center, SVSU offers over 100 undergraduate and graduate academic programmes. In each of its five colleges, SVSU offers a variety of academic programmes.
SVSC became Saginaw Valley State University on November 5, 1987. In 1989, Dr. Jack Ryder stepped down as president, and Eric R. Gilbertson took his place. In 1991, Cass City received an off-campus location. George W. Bush paid a visit at the Ryder Center in 2000, only days before he was elected President of the United States.
In 2003, the annual Battle of the Valleys, a fundraiser versus rival Grand Valley State University, was launched. Tony Ceccacci, an SVSU alumnus, was the main flight director for STS-125, a mission to repair the Hubble Orbit Telescope, and an SVSU pennant was launched into space on board the Space Shuttle Atlantis in 2009. Pioneer Hall is now displaying the pennant.
President Gilbertson announced his decision to resign on June 18, 2013, pending the appointment of a successor by the university’s board of directors. In 2014, Ming Chuan University, the first Asian university in the United States to be accredited, inaugurated its Michigan campus in Gilbertson Hall.
SVSU sought for a Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in 2015. Institutions must give descriptions and examples of institutionalised community engagement activities that demonstrate congruence among mission, culture, leadership, resources, and practises in order to be selected. The designation is valid for a period of ten years.
SVSU Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Award: Up to $2,500 per year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis at Saginaw Valley State University.
Eligibility For SVSU Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for undergraduate or graduate degree programmes of a choice variable at the Saginaw Valley State University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- The applicants must be international undergraduate and graduate students that may have excellent GPA and have given an entrance exam.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first apply for admission via the university portal. All eligible international students will be considered. No formal application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Bachelors degree
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Copy of most recent teaching certificate or departmental approval
- Evidence of financial support
- Copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet all the academic requirements of the programme they wish to join at Saginaw Valley State University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 79
The scholarship winner will be provided $1,000 – $2,500 per year as tuition fee discounts towards the fees of the undertaken undergraduate and graduate programme respectively by the Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU).