Teikyo University has launched the New Overseas Student Payment Reduction Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 in an effort to improve support so that international students can begin their student lives in Japan.
Teikyo University has established this funding scheme to help with the cost of the undergraduate programme. For the overseas local entrance exam and the Special Entrance Examination for International Students, respectively, up to 30% and 40% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
Teikyo University, a private institution with its main office in Tokyo’s Itabashi district, was established in 1966. Teikyo Commercial High School, which was founded in 1931, is currently ranked 1237th among all universities worldwide.
Why did you decide to attend Teikyo University?
Through its practical programmes, Teikyo University seeks to generate graduates who understand that success requires effort, have wide-ranging knowledge and open minds, think from a worldwide viewpoint, and possess innovation and excellent moral character.
More About Teikyo University
Private Teikyo University is a university with its main campus in Tokyo, Japan’s Itabashi district. It began as Teikyo Commercial High School in 1931. In 1966, it was renamed Teikyo University. It is a component of Teikyo Group, a global educational foundation that also runs pre-university language and cultural exchange programmes around the world.
Eight undergraduate buildings, a junior college, and six graduate institutions make up the university. In addition to the five major campuses in Japan, there are a number of overseas campuses that offer Japanese students the chance to study abroad as well as locals from the countries where the campuses are located the opportunity to learn about Japan.
There are roughly 20,000 students enrolled overall. Despite having its headquarters on the Itabashi campus, the Hachiji campus in West Tokyo enrols the vast majority of its students.
Teikyo University was placed 78th in Asia and in the top 501-600 universities worldwide by Times Higher Education in the 2019 and 2020 editions of its university rankings.
Teikyo University illustrious rugby club was founded in 1970. Before 1995, rugby play was not as amazing. However, since 2008, Keio Gijuku, Waseda, Meiji, and Doshisha have benefited from the rugby college’s outstanding results in domestic universities as well as elsewhere. From the 2009 through 2017 seasons, the institution consistently won the title of “champion” in the All Japan University Championship.
Teikyo University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Teikyo University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Application Deadline: The next round of applications is from 20th December 2022 to 18th January 2023. However, students are also suggested to check the application period and deadline for their respective faculties and programmes.
- Eligible Countries: All international and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for an undergraduate programme offered at the Faculty of Economics(Department of Regional Economics), Faculty of Science and Engineering (Department of Mechanical and Precision System, Department of Aerospace Engineering Course, Department of Information and Electronic Engineering, Department of Biosciences, Faculty of Economics (Department of Economics of Department of International Economy of Department of Business Administration, Department of Tourism Management).
Faculty of Law, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Faculty of Language Studies, Faculty of Education (Department of Education and Culture), Teikyo University Junior College at the Teikyo University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have appeared for the Special Entrance Examination for International Students or Overseas local entrance exams.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students can apply for admission via the university’s official portal. All eligible students will automatically be considered for the scholarship award.
- Supporting Documents: The students must provide the application form, academic qualifications like degree certificate or high school results and other course or country-specific documents.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must check the program requirements they wish to undertake and fulfill them.
- Language Requirement: The students must be fluent in the language the programme selected by them is taught and provide necessary proof for the same.
The Teikyo University will give the selected students 30% exemption for all students that have taken the Special Entrance Examination for International Students and 40% exemption for all who have taken the Overseas local entrance exams.