UM Berdie and Irvin Scholarships, Canada, For the academic year 2022–2023, the University of Manitoba is accepting applications from overseas students for the Berdie and Irvin Cohen Hebrew University Scholarship. All students are eligible to apply.
International students who have attended a Hebrew university in Israel and at least one year of full-time study at the University of Manitoba are eligible for this scholarship programme. The Berdie and Irvin Cohen Hebrew University Scholarship, usually used to the necessary tuition or general education money, will be given to the chosen applicants.
The Institution of Manitoba is a public research university in Manitoba that was established in 1877 and was the first in western Canada. According to the QS World University Rankings 2023, the university is placed 651-600.
Why did you decide to attend University of Manitoba?
Through a dedication to transformational research, scholarship, and cutting-edge teaching and learning that is especially bolstered by Indigenous knowledge and perspectives, the University of Manitoba has made it a priority to establish itself as one of the top universities in the country.
UM Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: University of Manitoba (UM)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Application Deadline: Applications are due on 3rd October 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Israeli students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants must undertake an undergraduate or master’s degree program at the University of Manitoba.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have completed at least one year of full-time study at the University of Manitoba or have graduated from the University of Manitoba within the five years immediately preceding application for this scholarship.
- The applicants must be admitted to and enroll at Hebrew University in Israel for one year of study for the 2022-2023 academic session.
- The applicants must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at the University of Manitoba.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first make an admission application via the university portal. Interested students must complete the scholarship application form and submit it via mail at FAAOapplications@umanitoba.ca.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcripts and course information from previous studies.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- A personal statement about your goals for the program.
- A portfolio of your previous work.
- An audition or interview.
- Statement of intent.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must meet the general admission requirement based on your country of study or the general admission requirement based on your curriculum of study and program-specific requirements based on the program(s) of choice.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- IAEP – Pass Level 5/AEPUCE
- TOEFL iBT – 86
- CAEL – 60
- C1/C2 – 180
- PTE – 58
The University of Manitoba will award the selected candidates a scholarship to pursue their desired degree program.