The Fully-funded PhD Positions in Pathogen Genomics, Evolution, or Transposable Element Dynamics have been made available by the University of Neuchatel. Applications are presently being accepted by the university for the academic year 2022–2023.
With vast population genomes, transcriptomics, and trait datasets from thousands of strains throughout the world, the research will concentrate on a significant fungal wheat pathogen. The PhD job has a four-year initial term with the potential for extension.
Located in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, the Institution of Neuchâtel is a university that speaks French. The university contains four colleges and over a dozen institutions, covering law, economics, and the humanities and social sciences. Programs are categorised at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including programmes leading to the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees. French and English courses are offered at the University of Neuchatel.
Why should one attend Neuchatel University?
It was included among the top 1018 universities worldwide. Internationally recognised academics are selected to teach at Neuchâtel based on their academic networks, teaching abilities, and knowledge in their fields of study. This creates an environment where students may excel in their studies.
More About The University of Neuchâtel
A French-speaking university with its headquarters in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is called the University of Neuchâtel (UniNE). The university contains four colleges (schools), as well as more than a dozen institutes, including ones for law, economics, and the humanities and social sciences. The University of Neuchâtel’s main school is the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences, which enrols 2,000 students.
The institution has a 144 million Swiss franc yearly budget and a 40 million franc annual research fund. The institution enrols over 4,000 students, including 600 PhD candidates, and more than 600 degrees, licences, doctorates, and certificates are granted yearly. There are more than 1,100 staff at the university.
French lessons are available at University of Neuchatel in addition to English classes. In fields like finance, computer science, law, economics, sciences and sports, journalism, and mathematics, to mention a few, programmes are categorised at the undergraduate and graduate level as bachelor, master, and doctorate degree programmes.
The University of Neuchatel also offers a FIFA Master in Management, Law, and Humanities of Sport, which is organised by the International Centre for Sport Studies (CIES) in collaboration with two other universities, De Montfort University in Leicester, England, and SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan, Italy.
- University or Organization: The University of Neuchâtel
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 10 August 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Evolutionary Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Motivation and enthusiasm for research are key. Prior experience in population genomics analyses, molecular laboratory work, and statistical analysis are a bonus depending on the precise orientation of the PhD project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to complete and submit the admission application form to apply. After enrolling, please send your application as a single PDF to email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are requested to submit a motivation letter (max 1 page), a CV, transcript records, and contact details of 2-3 references (e.g., MSc supervisor, no letter is required at this stage).
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold an MSc degree in biology or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Language Requirement: Students must have an excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
The University of Neuchatel will provide salary and full-time employment. The initial duration of the PhD position is four years, with the possibility of an extension.