Tan Sri Hew Excellence Scholarship applications are being accepted by the Westlake International School. The funding is intended for the 2022–2023 school year.
All overseas students applying to Westlake International School secondary levels (Years 7 through Year 10) are eligible for the educational award. High academic achievers can benefit from up to a 100% tuition cost discount through this programme.
Reputable boarding school Westlake International School wants to build a campus with a lake view that is nestled away in the Kinta Valley mountain range, giving students the perfect environment for focus and growth. The wide range of educational and boarding programmes are designed to develop each person’s unique skills.
Why do you want to attend Westlake International School to study?
The school has worked very hard to ensure that teachers and students have access to the best academic and sports facilities. The campus was specifically developed to promote our conviction that ecological sustainability and environmental preservation are crucial. It was designed by an award-winning architectural studio.
More About Westlake International School
2022 marks the beginning of Westlake International School (WIS) ninth academic year. WIS has produced outstanding outcomes over the years in both the academic and sporting fields. Our pupils entered esteemed top colleges including Yale, Manchester, and Melbourne in 2022. Our school’s sports teams have also achieved notable victories at the district and state levels.
These heartening accomplishments show not just the grit and perseverance of our kids but also the commitment and hard work of all Westlake International School educators, including instructors, boarding house parents, and administrators.
Building such a solid foundation would undoubtedly benefit both current and future students, offering them numerous chances and platforms to live up to the school’s motto, “Pursuit of Excellence.” I’d want to use this chance to thank all the parents and the Kampar neighbourhood. Because such accomplishment, especially for such a new institution, would not be possible without their unwavering and undivided support.
Mr. Tiong Ngee Derk, a former English instructor who is presently completing a PhD at Cambridge University, conducted a thorough analysis of Westlake International School. His research, which was included in the book “WIS Heartbeat,” describes us as a responsive, connected, and reflective institution. This book will give us a good start in understanding the school and getting to know the individuals who work there.
I do advise anyone who wants to learn more about Westlake International School to obtain an electronic copy from our website. Indeed, we anticipate a thrilling year ahead. To “Add Value” to the learning of Westlake International School students, we have implemented a number of innovative projects and programmes. I wholeheartedly subscribe to the adage “Train up a child in the way he ought to go so that when he is grown, he will not swerve from it.”
We want to make sure that every one of our kids is intellectually, morally, and academically challenged so that they may grow into better persons who are competent, self-assured, and compassionate. I hope a fruitful and fulfilling year ahead for the school, the children, and the parents!
Westlake International School Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Westlake International School
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate programme
- Award: Up to 100% off tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Application Deadline: The closing date is 30th November, late and incomplete forms will not be considered for selection.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Open to ALL students applying to secondary levels (Year 7 – Year 10) for January intake.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply for admission in the Year 12 at the Westlake International School. After that, students can complete the scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach academic transcripts of all previous school attended and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a required SPM / UEC Grades 9 (A/A+), IGCSE / GCE / O Level Results 9 (A*/A).
- Language Requirement: Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Successfully winning candidates will receive up to 100% off on tuition fees at the Westlake International School in Malaysia. The scholarship only covers term fees. It does not cover any other fees such as administration fees, boarding fees, book fees, Co-curricular Activities (CCA) fees, examination fees and deposits which must be paid by all scholarship recipients.