Beginning your undergraduate studies in the AAUW, United States is a great study to get a head start on your career.
There’s good news! The American Association of University Women (AAUW) Fellowship Program is currently accepting applications. In this article, we’ll go over what the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Fellowship Program is, the benefits of applying, and the application procedure step by step.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) Fellowship Program is a fully financed scholarship. The American Association of University Women in the United States is offering this scholarship. Countries must be international students from any country in the world. Only graduate and postgraduate studies in any field offered by the university are eligible for this scholarship. The AAUW Fellowship Program pays $18,000 to $30,000 each year, and is renewable if academic conditions are met.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) grants International Fellowships to women who are neither citizens or permanent residents of the United States for full-time study or research in the United States. Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited colleges and universities are also supported.
The International Fellowships programme was established in 1917 with the goal of providing Latin American women with opportunities for graduate and postgraduate study in the United States. More than 3,600 women from more than 150 countries have received International Fellowships as part of the programme, which currently includes women from all over the world.
- Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and women’s studies
- Global studies
AAUW Fellowship provide the recipients with below benefits:
- Award Amounts:
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000.
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000.
- International Fellowship funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for AAUW Fellowship
To be eligible for AAUW Fellowship , applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except USA
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be proficient in English. Unless the applicant can verify that her native language is English (written statement required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2019 and November 2021 (transcript required), she must upload a recent ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT, no older than October 2020); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT, no older than November 2020); 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test (no older than November 2020).
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to GWI members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
How to Apply for AAUW Fellowship?
Please follow below important steps to avail AAUW Fellowship:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.m dossier services.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
- Letter of admission.
- Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Complete the application then submit it.
To know more about AAUW Fellowship, please visit Official Website.