Continue your education in Germany. There’s good news! SBW Berlin Scholarship for International students are currently open. We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students can apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023-2024, which is fully financed. This scholarship is available to studies pursuing undergraduate and master’s masters. The scholarship includes a tuition cost waiver of 100%, a monthly stipend, housing and travel allowance, and many more benefits.
SBW Berlin is a non-profit organisation that supports educational projects all over the world. We contribute to the international promotion and diffusion of education and information through our SBW Berlin Scholarship.
The SBW Berlin Scholarship supports young people from throughout the world who come from financially disadvantaged studies and want to utilise the skills they gain while studying in Germany to help long-term non-profit projects, particularly in their home countries.
We award our bachelor’s and master’s scholarships in Berlin and Potsdam based on the academic qualifications, personal aptitudes, and social requirements of the students. In general, funding is available for all scientific and creative disciplines. In exceptional circumstances, we can also help with vocational training in Berlin or Potsdam. Studies in your native country or other German federal states are not eligible for funding.
Interesting Facts About SBW Berlin
As of my last update in September 2021, SBW Berlin stands for “Studien- und Berufswahlförderungswerk des Landes Berlin e. V.,” which translates to “Educational and Career Guidance Foundation of the State of Berlin.” SBW Berlin is a non-profit organization based in Berlin, Germany, and it focuses on providing educational and career guidance services to individuals of all ages.
The main objectives of SBW Berlin are to support people in their educational and professional development, assist in career orientation, and provide information and counseling services related to education and employment opportunities.
Key activities and services offered by SBW Berlin may include:
- Career Guidance: Providing personalized counseling and guidance to help individuals explore their interests, strengths, and career options. This includes assistance in choosing educational paths, vocational training, and career development opportunities.
- Educational Counseling: Offering information and advice on different educational programs, schools, universities, and training courses available in Berlin and beyond.
- Job Search Support: Assisting individuals in their job search by providing resources, interview preparation, and tips for creating a compelling resume.
- Skill Development: Conducting workshops and training sessions to develop essential skills, such as communication, interview skills, and job application techniques.
- Youth Services: Providing specialized support for young people in their transition from school to higher education or the job market.
- Recognition of Foreign Qualifications: Assisting immigrants and refugees in having their foreign qualifications recognized in Germany, thereby facilitating their integration into the German job market or educational system.
It’s important to note that the specific services and programs offered by SBW Berlin may have evolved or changed since my last update. For the most up-to-date information about SBW Berlin and its services, I recommend visiting their official website or contacting them directly for detailed information.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution: SBW Berlin
- Study in: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All fields
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: Application documents can only be submitted online through the SBW Berlin website between November 15 – December 31 and between May 15 – June 30 each year.
Also check: Lazord Fellowship 2023 Egypt-Tunisia-Jordan
SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- A room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost-of-living allowance in the amount calculated in section IX.
- Tuition fees
- Possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies
To qualify for SBW Berlin Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Age Limitation: 18-30 years old
- Applicants should be before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond with a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Applicants who are able to prove a relatively low net income. The total household income of the applicants does not exceed the average income which has been officially stated for their home country. The income of all household members and all sources of income of the family (e.g. from employment, business activities, property, child benefit or pensions) will be taken into account.
- Extra-curricular Activities Experience: Applicants who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
Also check: Italian Government Scholarships 2023-2024
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
Note: You should have admission, acceptance or evidence of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
- Fill in the application form.
- Fill in your personal and contact information and add your photograph.
- Provide information about your current and previous education.
- Provide information about the following:
- Your parents and members of your household.
- Most recent school or university certificate
- Highest school leaving certificate
- Highest obtained university degree
- Current occupation and desired career
- Training, in case of applications for vocational training
- Internships and professional experience
- Your skills, hobbies and interests
- Travel abroad experience
- Volunteering experience
Also check: CERN Internship 2023 Geneva
5. Include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long)
- Copy of your last school or university certificate that shows your grade point average
and a grade overview
- copy of your highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with
your grade point average and a grade overview
If available, copies of the following documents as well:
- University admission or evidence of your qualification for university entrance
- Copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your
studies will be taught
- All previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
- If you have already started studying: all so far obtained university certificates and records
of achievements (graded and ungraded)
We recommend all applicants to submit the following additional documents, which are not mandatory:
- one or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- evidence of the net household income
Note: Non-certified copies and translations are sufficient for the application. If the applicant successfully passes the selection process, certified copies of some of those documents will be required during the verification process.
6. The application and all enclosed certificates and supporting documents must be submitted in
German or English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final decision whether a scholarship (starting the following semester) will be granted can be
expected at the beginning of February respectively the beginning of August of each year.